PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD The Lady is Flowing - 11/05/11 01:05 PM
My landscaping project has ended for this year and my home remodeling is in its final stages. So I had some time to work on my new computer and DAW as well as do a little recording.

"The Lady is Flowing" is a quick and dirty tune I wrote so I could start practicing my wind controller again; it’s been a long time since I picked it up! The song started in BiaB using the Bossa New Quartet style. I am playing the nylon string, 12 string and lead guitars as well as the wind controller. The bass and drums are BiaB.

I hope you like it for what it is.
Posted By: occ Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/05/11 03:09 PM
Hey Mario! I loved the tune. I listened while I was eating breakfast. I've been trying all summer to get my grass to grow but it has been so dry this summer that all I did was keep it alive. I lost several Azalas from heat and drought even though I had a well. I replaced them and now I'm going to start all over. We had the worst drought on record.
I've gone through some home remodeling myself. New counter tops, new paint and new floors. I'm just rambling this morning but I really liked all of your song. occ
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/05/11 06:03 PM
It is now the season of Sabres and musical landscaping.
How sweet it is! Easy on these shredded old ears of mine and "flows" it does.
Loved the guitar work - especially the partial chord leads - reminds me a touch of Earl Klugh whom I like even though I play in the country/folk vein - easy bossa leaves lots of spaces to "hear" the musicianship.

You play them all very well Mario.

Good luck to your guys in tonight's game in Ottawa.

Ian
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/05/11 07:58 PM
Thanx OCC for the kind words.

Up here we have had an extremely wet spring and early summer, a fine summer but an extremely wet fall. Parts of our weather problems are due to lake effect, both Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. But I’m not complaining. I don’t have to shovel rain!
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/05/11 08:03 PM
It is the season of hockey and to rib my Canadian friend who always roots for the wrong team

Unless things change radically I can tell you who will win tonight’s game between our teams. It’s a simple formula: Miller in goal = Sen’s win and Enroth in goal = Sabre’s win.

Thanx for the kind review.
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/08/11 05:17 AM
Smoooooooooooooth!
Posted By: gibson Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/08/11 07:26 AM
As Mick says SMOOOOOOOOTH.
If I remember rightly you have an Ibanez Cimar 12 string. So I assumed that that was the 12 string and so tuned mine out of respect!!
Nice feel to the tune

Alyn
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/08/11 01:54 PM
Quote:

Smoooooooooooooth!

Thanx Mick, Coming from a real horn and wind controller player this means alot to me.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/08/11 02:00 PM
Thanx Alyn for the kind review.

Nope, I have a Danelectro 12 string. I have found that if I plug my guitars into my Roland Micro-Cube then run the record out directly into my Roland Octa-Capture I can get a pristine guitar tone that is much better than either my V-Amp Pro or my J-Station amp modelers. That really put the shine on the 12 string.
Posted By: rsdean Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/08/11 02:29 PM
Mario,

Really enjoyed this - as everyone has already said, very smooth. Great track!

Bob
Posted By: Steve Young Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/09/11 04:56 PM
Mario,

Like everyone has said, smooth! Great word. Really describes this one. I like it! Keep up the good work, my friend!

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/13/11 05:09 PM
Thanx Bob and Steve for listening and the kind words.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/14/11 05:31 AM
Hi Mario,

Very very nice I totally agree with all the good things that have been said.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about writing a song but work has thrown me a curve ball and I won't be free until about mid-December. I'll DEFINITELY be in touch then to see if you have any time available.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lady is Flowing - 11/14/11 01:50 PM
Thanx Noel!

Not to worry, as I’m as busy as busy can be right now. Hopefully I will also have some free time in mid December. However that is Christmas, family and party time so I might not be available until January.
© PG Music Forums