PG Music Home
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Big Wall - 11/09/11 01:42 AM
Hi,

My first project with BIAB.

I play Chugga guitar, BIAB supplies drums, slide, 12 string.
Imported into Mixcraft and added Horns.
Ending a bit wonky.

Pete web page
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Big Wall - 11/09/11 05:50 AM
Hi Pete,

I've just had a listen. The mix sounds well balanced to my ears. I discovered that this work also has lyrics with it. Do you have a version with something singing them? I'd love to hear it.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Big Wall - 11/09/11 04:49 PM
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing this with us. Like Noel, I am looking forward to hearing it with lyrics/vocals.

Steve
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Big Wall - 11/09/11 07:13 PM
Thanks Guys,

I am not a singer myself, but will be buying a mike and will have a go or draft a friend to sing it. I suffer slightly with less hearing in my right ear so its always a struggle to get a good mix sometimes.

The way I hear the lyrics , in my head, has a bit of a Lou Reed feel to them. i do intend to finish this one!

Pete
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Big Wall - 11/10/11 11:49 AM
With a nice Woody Guthrie type backing it could be a big hit as a marching song for Occupy Wall Street
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Big Wall - 11/12/11 09:51 PM
Well, here it is with my vocals. I am not a singer so..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGUWppvlU6A

Posted By: MarioD Re: Big Wall - 11/13/11 05:04 PM
You sing very well! Don’t be shy. If you bring up your vocal’s volume it would be a perfect mix IMHO.

Good job.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Big Wall - 11/17/11 10:38 PM
It takes Big Walls to post vocals lol

Very cool song and harms brother. Sounds great !! Nice job with the Real Tracks.

Trax
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Big Wall - 11/19/11 01:32 PM
Thanks All,

I have no problem admitting that I cannot sing, that's why I took up the guitar.
I remember being 11 years old and the music teacher auditioned the class for the school choir. I got in....and thats with having hay fever at the time!! She was desperate..and so was I.
Will get my friend who can sing to do it.

Once again, thanks.

Pete
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Big Wall - 11/19/11 03:28 PM
Good Job for a first time ! I told my Grandma I wanted to be a musician when I grow up , she said you can't do both !
Posted By: RodM Re: Big Wall - 11/19/11 07:44 PM
Hey Pete.
You did fine with the vocals. I totally relate to what you said about not wanting to sing. I sure didn't want to post my original songs with me singing. If there would have been a vocalist in the box, I would have used it. There is vocaloid but it is a close tie to me after I auto tume and slide off notes around!
Anyway, good job!
RodM
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Big Wall - 12/05/11 05:55 PM
Done a more 'Rockier' version of the original.

388 Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 120\ Dow Tomlin

Real Drums D RockHardModernEv8^ Wayne Killius

1033 Guitar, 12-String Electric, Strumming Ev 120\
Darin Favorite

384 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Rock Southern Ev 120\
Darin Favorite

I play Chugga guitar and Lead and Vocals

Pete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj04op_ARIU
© PG Music Forums