PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - He Reigns On High - 11/30/11 06:34 AM
Well, actually not a new song... This is the first song I ever had published and recorded. I wrote it back in 1983, while I was still the minister of music at Lakewood Church in Houston. It's been recorded by a lot of different artists, but I never have recorded it myself. So I thought I should recorded, since I wrote it! I hope you enjoy it. It's a Praise chorus, called He Reigns On High. All the instruments are BIAB Realtracks & Realdrums. I did all the vocals.

He Reigns On High

Here are RT/RD's...
RealTracks in song: 1433:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1437:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1421:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopCrossover Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1435:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovinChords Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1002:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockA-B Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1229:Guitar, Electric, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^5-HiHat,Ride

And here are the lyrics...

He Reigns On High
Music and Lyrics, Copyright Stephen W. Young

Praise the Lord, Worship His majesty
He reigns on high
(4x)

One thing have I desired, oh Lord
That I may dwell in Your house forever
That I may always see Your beauty
And know the fulness
Of Your power

-----

Have a great day!

Steve
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 11/30/11 11:19 AM
Pretty Snappy Praise and Worship Cuz , I love your vocals and message ! Hope you have a Blessed Day !
Posted By: RodM Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/01/11 02:47 AM
Steve,

As always, great job! I love the groove and the uplifting message. Also, I enjoy hearing someone skilled at arrangements in Real tracks, not just the chord progressions but the use of pushes and breaks. I can see why you were published. I'm sure the other artist did you proud, but you sure presented your song well.

Thanks again,
RodM
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 03:32 AM
I remember being glued to the Integrity specials on tv....nothing like good praise music.

Congrats on the cuts - not easy to get.

Well done Steve.
Posted By: Skyline Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 09:27 AM
A great listen as usual Steve. Very catchy indeed! I hope you're getting lots of royalites on this one!

John
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 04:07 PM
Tommy,

Thanks "Cuz"! Glad you like it. Hope you have a blessed day too!

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 04:21 PM
RodM,

Thanks very much for your kind words! This song was pretty "contemporary" for back in the early 80's praise music, but now it's pretty dated. So I worked a little bit with the pushes, etc, to update it a little bit. Integrity/Hosanna was the first "big" release of this one, with my friend Lamar Boschman singing it, and it's hard to criticize much of anything they do. I was very honored by their production. I'm glad you like my update!

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 04:24 PM
Josie,

As always, thank you very much for your comments! You are showing your age if you admit to remembering those Integrity specials! (But then again, you were probably 3 or 4 years old - just an incredible memory!)

Thanks again!

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 04:29 PM
John,

Thanks so much! I do still get a few hundred $'s a year on this one. Not too bad considering the song is going on 30 years old. The first several years after I wrote it, I was getting... more!

Thanks again!

Steve
Posted By: CeeBee Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/02/11 06:23 PM
Steve, you set the bar very high in this forum. This one is no different, nice arrangement.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 02:53 AM
Chris,

Thanks very much! Glad you like this one.

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 12:42 PM
Steve,

Great song - loved the use of RT's. Always a pleasure to hear your work.

Bob
Posted By: retake Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 07:47 PM
Steve, I always love your music and your productions. I love them even more when you write and sing songs to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 07:58 PM
Another fine piece of music. Praise The Lord! Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 08:27 PM
Bob,

Thanks very much!

As always, I truly appreciate your comments!

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 08:31 PM
Steve,

Thanks so much for your kind words. And amen, brother! While I may enjoy, and write all different kinds of music, my first love (musically) is praise and worship music. I would be nothing without Him!

Thanks again,

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 12/05/11 08:32 PM
Robert,

Thanks very much! Praise the Lord, indeed!

Steve
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song - He Reigns On High - 01/29/12 06:16 AM
Steve ..
what they all said!

This sounds familiar... I may have somebody else's version of this song in my CC music collection. You remind me somewhat of Don Moen. I especially appreciate the fact that you use your talent as a ministry. I'm sure the obedience of faith has left a path of blessing in its wake.

I can see I'm going to have to keep a closer watch on any songs posted by you...

I look forward to hearing more.
© PG Music Forums