PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor FOUR NEW TUNES WITH V2012 AND REAL TRACKS - 12/19/11 05:13 PM
the top 4 are new since receiving biab 2012. simply wonderful, peter!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
Aren't you just having a time for yourself!! Sounds good. It would be useful (and a teaching point) if you listed the styles and the instruments you used for each tune.

(Soundclick is having lots of intermittent issues today!)
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: FOUR NEW TUNES WITH V2012 AND REAL TRACKS - 12/20/11 12:07 AM
Hi Don,
Listened to some of your songs briefly today, great stuff, really loved the harmonica in Norma's song. I will do them more justice tomorrow as it's been a busy day.
I've added a few of mine to Soundclick now I've finally got my head around it.
Regards. Jeff
Don,

I listened to these ones, they are the 4 new ones... correct?

50's Stroll
Francis Smile
The Moods of Francis
Across the Miles

Wonderful! Thanks for posting them!
the thanks go to you, peter, my friend. my music making days were over until your band-in-a-box resurrected my creativity and permitted me to make wonderful music again. i will forever be indebted to you. saying thank you is grossly inadequate, but, thank you again.

btw, yes, those are the 4 new ones. a big difference over the rest. perhaps i will re-work the others when i find time.
Don,

A couple of points not related to the music first.
Have you got ‘Bluegrass’ set as a default category in SC ? It sounds to me that some of these tunes would be more appropriately assigned to other categories.

Secondly – and I have made this point before – I think it would be helpful for the management of this forum if artists opened one new thread for each song. That way we would know that all comments related to the same composition.

Currently listening to the nice smooth guitar work on Across the Miles. Kind of Shadows-like. Nice !!

Marc
Posted By: Tommyc Re: FOUR NEW TUNES WITH V2012 AND REAL TRACKS - 12/26/11 05:27 PM
Love your Band Don ,what fun software and a nice company to deal with ! Great way to pass the time enjoyably ,thanks for sharing Don !
Hey don,

Very nice. Good guitar work. I like your less is more aproach with Band In A box.

Tim
lyrics!
lyrics!
lyrics!
we want....(can you guess?...)

LYRICS!!

you can't escape, dude... now that you're getting the incredibly expensive voice, you have no 'scuse

Besides, the T-Pain effect is all the rage

PEST-O-METER
0_______/_100

pat, my friend, "getting" is the operative verb. the order went to prosthetics yesterday. with a bi'o irish luck and my tiny speech therapist pushing it through the sewer pipes of v. a. bureaucracy, i may actually see it in january. played at recording my old dynavox today - sounds very nice. now, i only need a decent lyrics file for it to "sing" for you.
Don, those are fun tunes, nice work with the new box.
Woe ,i hope my Band in a Box ,plays as well as yours sounds ,because your songs are awesome ,as clear as a sunny day ,loved the sound and arangement ,very well done ,best wishes Brian.
thanks, brian. you've got a great ear for raw talent! (chuckle, or whatever you brits call muffled snickering). it's all band-in-a-box! but i know what you mean. i'd thank you in your own native language if i could speak british better. cheers, my friend. (am oye pickin' it oup, aye wot? by jove, oye think oyve go'it!)

seriously, thank you.
All 4 r top notch. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music
Little late to this dance, Don, but I'm glad I'm here.
Francis' Smile started to get my creative juices flowing - words started popping into my head
and the guitar work suggested a melody in several places. It brought pictures to my eyes.
Songs of this heartfelt tempo I have trouble writing, but you've done such a good job.

The lead is reminiscent of the Shadows music which we used to play back in the early 60s before the Beatles forced us all to sing.

Looking forward to hearing more, Don. Good stuff.

Ian
it may be in order to explain who francis (actually two women in my life) are. as you may know, i live in a long term care facility (aka nursing home) and francis #1 was a 93 year old lady that owned my heart. she suffered from alzheimer's disease and, sadly, she died about a month ago and that broke my heart. she was the cutest little lady imaginable. i am known as "the music man" because i am either playing or composing music and she could follow the music to my room, smile from ear-to-ear and tap her feet and clap her hands in perfect time to old time fiddle music, her personal favorite. she knew that her aide would be close behind so she'd slam my door shut behind her. i cried so hard the morning that my nurse woke me to gently break the news that she had died painlessly, peacefully in her sleep. her doctor said that my music and affection may have been keeping her alive. that was the greatest reward i've ever received. the staff knew i was heartbroken so they presented me with her little Garfield blanket.

francis #2 is my new aide who takes wonderful, loving care of me. i wrote Francis' Smile for her and she cried with joy when i first played it for her. She's Creek-Seminole Indian and i love her as my own granddaughter.
Quote:

Francis' Smile started to get my creative juices flowing - words started popping into my head
and the guitar work suggested a melody in several places. It brought pictures to my eyes.
Songs of this heartfelt tempo I have trouble writing, but you've done such a good job.

Ian, if you have some lyrics in mind, please go ahead, with my blessing! I know that you will do it justice.

Thank you so much my friend.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: FOUR NEW TUNES WITH V2012 AND REAL TRACKS - 01/02/12 05:26 PM
I love these new ones Don. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing them.

Best wishes to you in the New Year.

Regards,

Bob
thank you so much, my friend, but i feel that peter et al should share the honors. my music making days had ended with my stroke. and then peter and biab breathed new life into me and renewed my interest in living. but i appreciate your appreciation, bob. thanks for listening and your encouragement.
Hi Don,
i am sorry for the loss of your friend ,its a sad story ,of a beautiful relatshonship,
a relatshonship where through your Music you gave joy and kindness to a dear friend, in times of trouble ,i take my hat off to you sir ,and may i wish you the very best Brian.
© PG Music Forums