PG Music Home
Posted By: 90 dB Dream - 12/26/11 06:41 PM
A little ditty about space. Warning: copious amounts of reverb and delay!
All RT's except two Tele tracks and vocal.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11317153

Dream

©2011 Robert Randall Burke

What a dream we had
But we let it slip away
We could touch the stars
From a million miles away.

But little men with little minds
Came in, and stole the dream away.

Fools rush in and steal our futures
Where they've been nobody knows.

What a dream we had
We were going to the stars
What a dream we had
We were on our way to Mars.

But little men with little minds
Came in, and stole the dream away.

Fools rush in and steal our futures
Where they've been nobody knows.

Song File Name: Dream
Tempo: 65
Key: C
Time Sig: 4/4
Track File Saved: C:\Users\Robert R. Burke\Desktop\Fantasia Individual Files (1)\5 - BB Strings.MID
Track File Saved: C:\Users\Robert R. Burke\Desktop\Fantasia Individual Files (1)\9 - BB RealBass 1036 Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065.WAV
Track File Saved: C:\Users\Robert R. Burke\Desktop\Fantasia Individual Files (1)\10 - BB RealDrums-NashvilleEven16^6-HiHat,HHatO.WAV
Track File Saved: C:\Users\Robert R. Burke\Desktop\Fantasia Individual Files (1)\11 - BB RealPiano 368 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065.WAV
Track File Saved: C:\Users\Robert R. Burke\Desktop\Fantasia Individual Files (1)\12 - BB RealGuitar 1003 Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm Class.WAV
Number of Tracks: 5
Posted By: dcuny Re: Dream - 12/26/11 09:31 PM
Cool! It's got a nice Pink Floyd vibe to it. I like the ending.
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: Dream - 12/26/11 10:23 PM
Wow I love that, very Gilmourish. Nice work Robert a superb sound quality although maybe a little too much reverb for me personally, I'll will be back to hear more.
Happy New Year. Jeff
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Dream - 12/27/11 03:08 AM
Thanks for listening guys. I didn't set out to write a Floydish song - it just came out that way. The prominent reverb/delay was meant to convey a spacey feeling.

Actually, it was just an excuse to use my new Tele.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Skyline Re: Dream - 12/28/11 10:05 AM
I really liked this Bob. Very nice Pink Floyd thing happening.
Excellent work!

John
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Dream - 12/28/11 05:29 PM
Hi Bob,

This is excellent. I like your work so much.

My only suggestion, and this is purely personal, would be to introduce that glorious Tele sound a little earlier.

You have lots of space between the verse lines to play some nice counter melodies. I'd like to hear the guitar start with maybe a loooong single held note after the "nobody knows" line.

Just my preference tho - it's a great track! Reverb works for me too!!

Good luck with it.

Martin
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Dream - 12/28/11 07:33 PM
Quote:

Hi Bob,

This is excellent. I like your work so much.

My only suggestion, and this is purely personal, would be to introduce that glorious Tele sound a little earlier.

You have lots of space between the verse lines to play some nice counter melodies. I'd like to hear the guitar start with maybe a loooong single held note after the "nobody knows" line.

Just my preference tho - it's a great track! Reverb works for me too!!

Good luck with it.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I was a bit reluctant about the Tele, I'm mostly an acoustic player, but I just had it set up by a luthier and it plays like butter. Maybe I'll layer some more in there as you suggest. I'm taking my hollowbody in to the luthier next week. Can't wait - sustain forever!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Dream - 12/31/11 10:36 AM
I liked that a LOT! to my ears, the reverb was appropriate for the mood of the song. I only have one complaint: in the middle of the song when everything paused for moment, I was expecting a creamy sustained guitar solo to begin... BUT IT DIDN'T!

Bummer, I was all ready to hear it and everything.

But, you threw me a curve when you came back in with the laid-back continuation of your established theme. It's always somewhat of a coup to surprise the listener.

but really, in the final analysis, I totally enjoyed it exactly as presented. Good job.

From now on, your nickname shall be "Pinky" (as in Floyd)
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Dream - 12/31/11 12:14 PM
Thanks Pat. I heard that solo in my head as well, but decided on a minimalist approach. (Plus, I'm a hack on lead guitar, and would probably ruin it).

I'm just having great fun with BIAB, it's like a musical sketch pad.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Dream - 12/31/11 12:53 PM
It's all been said
Nice one Bob
© PG Music Forums