PG Music Home
Hi Folks,

My group, Joey And Jeanie, recently released a Music Video called The Gospel Train. It's quite unique in that it was filmed in Tavares, FL at an antique railway station. Same set used in movies "Oh Brother Where For Art Though", "True Grit", and more.

The music tracks are all BinB. Exceptions are the resonator guitars and vocals. It came out great! The video is a hoot to watch and will definitely bring a smile to your face.

Please enjoy at:
I Grew Up On Gospel

Let me know what you think and have a blessed day,
Joey Daddario
Joey And Jeanie Official Website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXt98rBzcvc
Hi Joey,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll hang around join in the conversations and enjoy being a part of the wonderful group of users we have here.

Really cool video. The BIAB tracks sound super.

Good luck with your album and thank you for sharing with us.

Josie
Joey and Jeanie this just great. Enjoyed the video bu really liked the singing. Sounded very professional to me. Thanks!! occ
Wow Great Video and Music ,you are setting the Bar pretty High hope you have more to share!
Joey and Jeanie,

All I can do is agree with above folks, fantastic production
and quality. A civilian would never know how you produced the music.

And Tommy, your right, it is great fun to watch and listen the the great singing.

Thanks for sharing, and Tommy is right, pretty hi Bar you set.

BTW, the flavor, especially with the Train as a key part reminded
me of Josh Turner's Long Black Train video.
Great Joey!
Hello new friends, (Sundance, Occ, Tommyc, Seeker, PG Staff),

Thanks for the comments and insights and mostly thanks for simply taking the time to watch our video and respond.

I have been a BiaB user since version 1.something. I had BinB on a floppy disk and demoed it for my computer music class in a college I was attending. Even then, it was clear that PG was on to something very cool. The RealTracks have been a huge step forward.

I realize now I should have joined this forum years ago. But alas I am here now.

If there is anything specific you wish me to check out or read please let me know. Any songs etc as well.

Thanks again for the very warm welcome.

Joey
Hi Joey

I'm not a religious person but I can appreciate good music. Really enjoyable.

//Jan
Joey and Jeanie,

Welcome to the Forum!!! Glad to have you with us. Great video. Great song. Great message! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Steve
HIt, Hit. Very well done video as well as the music. Thanks 4 sharing!
Hi Joey;
Just listened to your tune,and I like everything about it.Can you explain how the piano real track was done,and what other B.I.A.B real tracks were used.I wish my B.I.A.B could sound like that.
Sure hope you respond to my query.
Thanks,keep up the good work.
Bob
Quote:

A civilian would never know how you produced the music.

A civilian??

Very nice! I also would be interested in all the "production work" info, like How did you mix the tracks, what video camera did you use, etc...this is the best "amateur" production I have seen in a LONG time!
Hi Bob,

Good question. I'd have to bring up the song again to check the details... but since I'm not at my music PC I'm going to give it my best shot now.

I started out with band in a box audiofile edition and finalized in Cubase 6. In some cases, I improve the biab tracks by going back and forcing the track to use midi instead of realtracks. I'm pretty sure that is the case in "I Grew Up On Gospel" for the piano. I exported the piano to a midi file and chose a lush piano patch in C6 Halion software synth.

I hope this helps. If you want more info just ask.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Joey Daddario
Hi jcspro,

Good questions.

Jeanie and I had a lot of help in the music video. We were blessed to have some extremely talented folks living near us on Amelia Island. For instance, Nadine Vaughan and Rick Traum are amazingly talented Professional film people. David D'Ardenne was formerly with ABC. Don Flynn, our DP, has decades of experience. And then there were the volunteers. We asked and people said yes. I must say that the best quality that people bring to the set is enthusiasm. You simply can't buy that. I know these people put in much more than 100%.

There are some 'behind the scenes' photos that might help in "seeing" the layout of the shoot on our website if youre interested.

As far as the music production...Check out my reply here to Bob. I put a few details there. I can add more info if you like. Just let me know what parts youd like more info on.

BTW this is a great forum and lots of nice people. I love the spirit of encouragement I sense here.

Take care,
Joey Daddario
Here's a link to the .mgu file I used in I Grew Up On Gospel. Its the modulated part which goes to key of D. Enjoy.

http://www.joeyandjeanie.com/IGrewUpOnGospel-05d.MGU

JOey Daddario
© PG Music Forums