PG Music Home
Posted By: mglinert If you have 3'33 to spare - 02/26/12 08:57 PM
An instrumental, Olympic Dream, which I put together exclusively on PTPA. No Biab. No Real Tracks.
I could imagine it being used as a tv theme for a sports programme (this summer’s Olympic Games, maybe) but I guess I’m the only one!

On a more realistic level, there must be video production companies etc. who need original music for their corporate films etc. If anyone has any useful leads for how to sell an instrumental piece like this, I would appreciate it.

I did think about adding lyrics and a vocal, but I found that the piece didn’t really lend itself to that kind of thing.

I’d be grateful as ever for any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for listening.

Marc
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: If you have 3'33 to spare - 02/26/12 09:47 PM
Hi Marc,

Catchy tune. I enjoyed listening.
I hear this tune as more of a newage piece or like you said background for a corporate presentation or even background for an info commercial.
Sorry, have no leads for ya. If I did, I'd be taking advantage of them myself. LOL.
I enjoy writing this type of music myself.

Tim
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: If you have 3'33 to spare - 02/26/12 11:11 PM
Sounds like a pretty good composition to me. It might be a little too "midi" sounding to compete in the marketplace, though. You are going up against skilled folks that have laid out the big bucks for top of the line hardware and software sound modules.

But it is a good composition. If it is all in midi, maybe you can go to a pro studio or audio shop and see how much it would cost to have them use their tools to make the output audio file.

Kevin
Posted By: Steve Young Re: If you have 3'33 to spare - 02/28/12 01:03 AM
Marc,

Nice composition. I agree with Kevin, it does sound a little too midi. (Not to stir up any more midi controversy! I think midi can be very tastefully used, with the right instrumentation.)

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve
© PG Music Forums