PG Music Home
Posted By: vzudell To Know You Love Me - 03/14/12 06:33 PM
This song is a cowrite with Susie Whiting and was written back in 2009 when I had just installed my 2009 version of BIAB with RealBand. I don't remember all the settings now, just remember that I had done the basic layout on BIAB and then went into RealBand to do some editing and add the Fiddle, Pedal Steel and vocals. I was aiming at a country/folk feeling to compliment the Novella that Susie had written that was set in country/folk background.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7120218
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/14/12 07:12 PM
Val,

Well I'd say you captured the feeling in those lyrics perfectly.
Very poetic words and beautiful music to match.
Was that you singing?
Very nice voice.

The only thing I'd change if possible is to update the backing track.
There are so many new real styles in the newer BIAB that would make this song shine even better then it does now.

Good job.

Tim
Posted By: vzudell Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/14/12 10:49 PM
Thanks Tim,
Yes that was me singing. If I can find the original tracks with the vocals maybe I could update the song as I have BIAB 2012 now and am amazed at the changes and the quality of the newer tracks. Would have to use the original vocals though as I lost my voice after a bout with bronchial pneumonia last year.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/15/12 07:24 PM
Val,
This is a lovely song. You have a gift for melody!
SD
Posted By: vzudell Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/16/12 01:51 AM
Thank you SpaceDog,
I usually write the melody first and then add the lyrics. Just seems easier to me. I really don't know where the melodies come from. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a melody running through my head but I have to get to the keyboard right away or it's gone.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/16/12 06:54 AM
Nicely done! Beautiful vocals, and a nice clean mix.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/16/12 11:39 AM
Howdy Yall, gotta love Country like this!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/17/12 09:03 PM
Val,

Very nice! Beautiful singing. Praying you get your voice back!

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/18/12 01:06 AM
You have a wonderful voice. The song is great and well produced as well. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music
Posted By: vzudell Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/18/12 01:19 AM
To Steve Young:

Thank you so much, I consider that a real compliment coming from you after listening to your music.

PgFantastic,

Appreciate your comments! Glad to have your opinion on this.
Posted By: Sundance Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/19/12 01:33 AM
You have such a lovely voice Val. I'm praying for you too.
Posted By: vzudell Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/19/12 10:56 PM
Sundance,
With all the prayers going out for me, who knows? If I'm supposed to be singing again then it will happen. Thank you all so very much!

Val
Posted By: toucher Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/19/12 11:23 PM
Great country feel from the traditional view.

Rob
Posted By: vzudell Re: To Know You Love Me - 03/22/12 03:00 AM
Tried to respond to your comment last night but my internet connection was having "fits"
Anyway I wanted to thank you for taking a listen and for your comment.

Val
Posted By: Malmck Re: To Know You Love Me - 04/06/12 08:01 PM
Great song in the classic style: words, music, & vocal.
Posted By: Bonjo Re: To Know You Love Me - 05/16/12 02:21 PM
A Newbie around here,and I am just soaking up the songs/sounds that have been created using the BIAB software. Wow, I'm astonished at the professionalism that oozes from every song I've listened to over the last few days. This one, To Know You Love Me, is simply class, in the old country style. I could be waltzing with my partner from the start and singing along with the lyrics too. A wonderful, relaxing piece of work. Well done.
© PG Music Forums