PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic What's His Name - 11/23/12 08:12 AM
Country tune using Real tracks. Have you ever said you know What's His Name, when you are trying to explain who someone is. Got the title idea from that. The lyrics are from life experience, ouch. All feedback is greatly appreciated! Here is the instrument list and link:

bass=518
Fp Gtr=318
Pop Gtr=1596
Drums=RD Nashville8^1 Sidestick, Ride

What's His Name
Posted By: floyd jane Re: What's His Name - 11/23/12 02:20 PM
Robert - really nice song. Your vocal is great. and the production and mix couldn't be any better. Great job. I really like it.
Posted By: seeker Re: What's His Name - 11/23/12 07:56 PM
Robert,

Right away loved the simplicity of the guitar.
Your gentle vocals with this music really make it.
What a tearjerker then the ending with Hope.

Thats something we all need.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful music.

BTW, listened 3 times.
Posted By: Sundance Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 03:42 AM
Really nice vox and singer/songwriter approach with the guitar.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 03:58 AM
Robert,

Another great effort here ma friend!

I loved the entire production.

Later,
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 05:34 AM
Something about the simplicity..... I can see some guy in a cowboy hat sitting on a stool center stage with a spotlight on him fingerpicking the guitar and singing that song.
Posted By: gibson Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 06:05 AM
I have nothing to add as I really enjoyed that

And I totally agree with the image Eddie1261 portrayed.

Alyn
Posted By: Tommyc Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 03:13 PM
Great Job Robert, what was his name anyway? lol
Posted By: musiclover Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 04:08 PM
Very nice Robert, another good one from you, any more plans on doing a song a day if I remember correctly you did some time ago?

Must be tough going that doing a song a day

Thanks for tips you have given me about (harmonies using melodyne) you gave me in the past.

Musiclover
Posted By: MarioD Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 07:03 PM
Quote:

Robert,

Another great effort here ma friend!

I loved the entire production.

Later,

A BIG +1
Posted By: Noel96 Re: What's His Name - 11/24/12 10:26 PM
Hi Robert.

The phrase that sprang into my mind as I was listening was "Outstanding in its simplicity". You've absolutely nailed this song lyrically, musically and production-wise. I really really enjoyed this one.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: What's His Name - 11/25/12 10:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind response.

musiclover? "any more plans on doing a song a day?"

I plan on doing the FAWM starting February 1st (February Album Writing Month} challenge 14 songs in 28 days. Link is FAWM.org for anyone interested. They are always enjoyable. Lot of great folks, with feedback and you can also do collab work though it is not mandatory. Band in a Box is perfect for it because you can go from idea to full band so quickly. Glad the harmony tips helped.

Tommyc? what was his name anyway? My What's His Names name is Walter, Lol.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: What's His Name - 11/26/12 08:47 PM
Robert,
Very nicely done. The thin arrangement really evokes the isolation and loneliness of the singer. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: austin51 Re: What's His Name - 11/27/12 01:10 AM
I agree with all the positive feedback here. Really nice country song with great lyrics and production.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: What's His Name - 11/28/12 07:05 AM
I agree with all the positive feedback. I love the vocals. So gentle and easy to listen to. The ending is really cool.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: What's His Name - 11/29/12 03:34 AM
Absolutely fanstatic songwriting. This is a hit. It could us a bit more in the middle, either instrumentation break or a bridge. But the writing is so good. Someone in Nashville needs to get this one. Outstanding use of BIAB too.

Great work!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: What's His Name - 11/29/12 03:49 PM
THe ending was great! I'm constantly disappointed that my song endings are uninspired and not very creative...but here, the way you handled the stop (music and vocal) and wound the song down was very very nice! And the best line "whats-his-name"...I'm not sure if you meant it to sound like that hyphenated phrase, that has a little sarcasm (like I won't even dignify him by using a real name), but I heard it that way, and it gave me a little chuckle right there at the end.
Thanks! I'm planning to do FAWM also...unless employment comes along!
© PG Music Forums