PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/03/12 06:39 PM
Hi all,

I have been out of circulation for a couple months, so I thought I better post something before I forget how to!

This is a worship song I actually wrote a few years ago, but never got around to recording it. I coerced my wife into doing the vocals on it. The music is a combination of RealTracks/RealDrums, along with a good bit of orchestration I played, using Garritan Personal Orchestra. I hope you enjoy it!

How Wonderful You Are

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1597:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsArp Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1703:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Country12-8Brent Sw 065
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipShine^02-a:Kick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/03/12 06:49 PM
A masterful mixing of all the realtracks and the vocals!!!! By the way, your wife is a mucho super singer. This is a great production -- well done across the board.

I went ahead and threw my computer and musical instruments out the back door and stomped around on them (ha, ha). I am humbled.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/03/12 07:05 PM
Steve,

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! Everything about it. A beautiful song. The orchestration is terrific. The mix is a match for the quality of the song, the instrumentation and the singing. And OH! that singing. Man, that woman is a keeper! What a voice! Gorgeous!

Great selection of tracks, as always.

You need to write a duet for the two of you to do.

Did I mention.. I like it!

floyd
Posted By: George Nelson Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/03/12 07:16 PM
Hi Steve,

Magical, not many songs fill my soul, but this one does.

Great work.
Singing Beautiful.
Orchestration superb.

Best regards
George
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/03/12 08:17 PM
I always look forward to listening to your songs, and this one doesn't disappoint.

Your wife has a great voice. Nice build and orchestration - I love the timpani roll!

I've never had much luck with orchestrating brass, and GPO has a been a bit of a disappointment in that category. So it's good to hear someone having success there.

The only nit - the instruments (in particular, the guitars) are very in front, and seem to overpower the voice, especially in the beginning. Then again, I'm listening through cheap headphones.

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 01:47 AM
Hey Steve,

Been missing you around here. Beautiful song. Love the vocal and the harmonies. They could've been mixed maybe a stitch louder - I'm listening on headphones. Still a great mix and what a pleasure to listen to the way you weave RT's with an orchestra.

Excellent.
Posted By: boehm Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 03:14 PM
Great voice, harmonies, instruments, orchestration and mix.
It's really wonderful.

Guenter
Posted By: gibson Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 04:38 PM
What can I say that has not been already said. I agree with Josie maybe the vox could be a little louder but otherwise excellent.
And floyd jane is right we now need a duet with you and the wife

Alyn
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 04:41 PM
Beautiful piece of music. The harmonies are lush and powerful. Your wife has a wonderful voice. Music is great as always with you, love the crescendo. Thanks for sharing, God bless, wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!
Posted By: seeker Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 06:57 PM
Steve,

Agree with all the accolades above.

Your wife's voice is so beautiful.

Say thanks to your wife, and also thanks for sharing your hard work and music.
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 08:14 PM
Well it's all been said, but I'll certainly 2nd it!

Beautiful voice, great mix! What's not to love??

I agree the vox could come just a little.

Greg
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 09:28 PM
Steve,
Outstanding. What a glorious song!
SD
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/04/12 09:44 PM
It's all been said, I am sitting here listeing with jaw dropped on the floor at your wife's wonderful voice.

Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/05/12 12:56 PM
excellent work....so polished...sophisticated, yet simple and clean...all elements working together, loved it.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/05/12 01:17 PM
Nicely done Cuz, your wife sure can sing! I love the mix too! I haven't done much lately either, been too busy with Church stuff.
Posted By: MikeK Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/05/12 04:05 PM
Steve - I can't get to your song from the office computer. I'll have to check it out later. Not sure what my company has against soundcloud....

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Skyline Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/05/12 04:22 PM
That's a beautiful piece in every respect - too many to list!
Well done Steve and Mrs Steve.

John
Posted By: cubanpete Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/05/12 11:37 PM
Everything above +10! Wow!

Mike B.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/06/12 09:19 PM
Great to have you back Steve. We welcome your wife too...a beautiful voice!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/07/12 10:46 AM
Wow, Steve... this is better than most of the stuff in my CC music collection! It is at least 10 times better than the stuff I listened to growing up.

when I listen to your songs I always think "Man, I wish *I* had recorded that!"

Based on the old saying that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", I am at a loss to flatter you because I can't even begin to imitate what you and your wife do.

But I am very pleased that you use your awesome talent for praise! Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.

PS
please consider posting something crummy once in a while. It's a bit embarrassing to park a Yugo beside a whole parking lot full of your MERCEDES

Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/07/12 12:44 PM
Thanks so much for all the wonderfully kind comments! I usually try to take the time to thank each individual post, but I am running very short on time this morning, and need to get off to work. All of your kind words are very appreciated.

Steve
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/07/12 01:17 PM
Hi Steve. I spent a bit of time listening to your songs on soundcloud. Great stuff. Agree with everything that has been said. Your wife sings beautifully.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/08/12 01:32 PM
Hi Steve,

To my mind, this song of yours re-defines the word "awesome". However I listened to it, it was top-shelf music all the way. Your wife has a magnificent voice.

Best wishes,
Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: New Song - How Wonderful You Are - 12/08/12 11:12 PM
hi steve this is a great production vocals arrangement love the chord proggresion awesome eric lovely voice your wife has bravo
© PG Music Forums