PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 06:01 AM
My friend Noel Adams and I co-wrote this song, based on a friend of Noel's who is a cancer survivor. It's called One More Day. All the instruments are RealTracks/RealDrums, along with some strings and brass I played with Garritan Personal Orchestra. I hope you enjoy it!

One More Day

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 2024:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryJohn Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1814:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticAir Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1608:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16ths Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1875:Mandolin, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: SmoothJazzBallad^4-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

Have a great day!

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 06:29 AM
Steve you have an incredible voice! You and Noel have written an exceptional piece, top to bottom, Excellent! Thanks for sharing your gift!

My Tunes
Posted By: gibson Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 07:00 AM
Sounds good/excellent, as I expected from the people involved. But I found it difficult to listen to, considering the subject matter, as in the past week 2 friends who also thought/hoped they were survivors have been given the bad news again. One was clear for 10+ years.

Alyn
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 12:42 PM
Nice one guys. Sensitive subject matter handled with due sensitivity.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 12:59 PM
Steve / Noel,

This is excellent all around. A difficult subject to write about, but you have captured and presented it perfectly...

Bob
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 02:13 PM
Hi Steve/Noel,

Very good song.
We should all do what the message says- Take one more day.

The future is just dreams, the present is reality.

George
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 03:34 PM
Really really nice.
Everything fits very well together. (I really like the new acoustic guitar (Celtic).

Jan
Posted By: boehm Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 04:50 PM
It's all been said.
Perfect.

Guenter
Posted By: Skyline Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 05:43 PM
Wow, that's a stunner guys.
A beautiful song graced with a stunning production, immaculate vocals and top drawer engineering. Five stars.
'Nuff said.

John
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/16/13 06:04 PM
Wow. What a beautiful song about very a difficult but happy/sad/bittersweet topic
Well done
Posted By: Sundance Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/17/13 01:12 AM
Really pretty guys. Tough situation to write about.
Posted By: Brallan Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/17/13 02:54 AM
Very beautiful, Steve.... Almost perfect arrangement and mix, and certainly moving.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/17/13 01:09 PM
Steve and Noel,

This is an absolutely beautifully written song. Both lyrically and melody-wise. One of the best I've ever heard here. To be able to write about such a subject with such grace is real talent. Simple, yet complete. Beautiful. The transition out of the bridge back into the chorus is spectacular. I applaud you both. Bravo, bravo!!!

The production, arrangement, orchestration, and singing are all... every bit as good as the writing.

WOW.

floyd
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/17/13 03:02 PM
Great Job Noel and Cuzin Steve! Incredible lyrics, Sangin and Production! Wish I could sang this good!
Posted By: pariahdise Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/17/13 04:12 PM
Very captivating stuff, I enjoyed it, the only thing I would suggest is that you allude to the listener the inspiration of the song in a subtle manner if possible, like adding (replacing) a line to the chorus which might go something like 'No matter what the doctors say, she'll be grateful for one more day' or some such, then we can all better understand the poignancy we are dealing with here. Just a thought.

Well done.

RG
Posted By: ROG Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/17/13 04:46 PM
Hey Guys, extremely professional in every way.

Beautiful song, but which strangely left me feeling sad, rather than uplifted.

Can't fault the production and mix.

ROG.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/18/13 02:42 AM
Steve, Noel, great work, and a very touching subject.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/18/13 06:37 AM
It's already been said - great job by both of you. Great writing, nice instrumentation, great build with the drums and mandolin. Lovely harmony, too.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/18/13 12:43 PM
Thanks so very much for all the very kind words!

I normally try to take the time to comment on each post individually, but I have been working 12+ hours a day, and so have been very short on time.

This song is a difficult one due to the subject matter. All of us have been affected in one way or another by this horrible disease. My hope is that we showed proper sensitivity and respect in this offering.

Thanks to Noel (Tex) Adams for laying such a good foundation of lyrics and the structure of this song. It was a real joy to work together from across the world!

Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/19/13 04:14 PM
I'd like to join with Steve and say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to listen and to comment. The song presents a confronting subject and one that is difficult to write about. It's a relief to read the positive feedback.

I notice that there are many comments on the mix, production, arrangement and singing. These comments all belong to Steve. The first time I heard what he'd done with my rough ideas, I couldn't believe it! When I heard the orchestra swell at the beginning of the first chorus, a voice in my head said, "This is absolutely incredible". And that was his first, rough draft! I didn't think it was possible but it got better!!! Steve deserves the accolades for what this song became.

Once again, thank you for listening.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: tributeman Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/22/13 04:36 PM
Steve and Noel havent been on here for sometime and just listened to your song "One More Day" in my opinion your best yet.I have two good friends who have just been diagnosed with cancer one I think is terminal so its very personal to me.Thanks frank
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/25/13 06:28 PM
Steve, Noel,
Outstanding in every respect. Very well crafted and performed. You both have done such great work over the years, but this is a gem.
SD
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/25/13 06:52 PM
Gave me goosebumps... A difficult theme to put to music, but you manage to maintain the respect and love for those confronted by this dreadful illness. The arrangement is fabulous, hard to imagine it being all realtracks. Well done Steve and Noel, you make a great team.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Co-write with Noel: "One More Day" - 01/26/13 12:32 AM
Finally have a day off to get a little caught up on things at home, and here on the forum.

Frank,

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and post your kind words!

SD,

Your gracious words are very appreciated!

Chris,

Again, your time and comments are very much appreciated!

--
Steve
© PG Music Forums