PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Junkyard - 01/26/13 08:30 AM
My first attempt using Ableton Live. Sounds are from Sony Acid. It is bass heavy so small speakers might not give you the full effect. My goal this year for FAWM is to do some instrumental pieces. trying to get some programming practice in before it starts, this is a short piece only around 35 seconds or so Let me know what you think, thanks!

Junkyard
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Junkyard - 01/26/13 08:57 AM
Hi Robert,

What a great start! I really enjoyed the energy of music. This has such a lot of potential for development that you can't stop now!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: boehm Re: Junkyard - 01/26/13 02:43 PM
A good start.
Keep on going.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Junkyard - 01/26/13 03:04 PM
Robert,

I agree, a VERY good start! I think you should throw a couple of "vocal phrases" in there - that then repeat (over and over in variuos places) so it become "a song" (meaning "with lyrics") as opposed to "an instrumental". Just whatever is on your mind at the time. Can't wait to see where this goes!! You may have to come up with a new name, tho... "PGF Big"... something like that....

floyd
Posted By: ROG Re: Junkyard - 01/26/13 05:04 PM
I agree - a good start. You could maybe mix this style of track a bit hotter? That seems to be the way of things, but it's all down to personal preference.

ROG.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Junkyard - 01/26/13 05:15 PM
Sounds great over my speakers! I want to hear more please.

John
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Junkyard - 01/27/13 01:48 PM
You are really inventive! I really do hope that you share with us some intrumentals....these 2 little 'test runs' have a lot of power and movement in them...great work, as always!
Posted By: austin51 Re: Junkyard - 01/27/13 03:23 PM
Interesting sound. Keep working on it.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Junkyard - 01/27/13 07:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I will make sure after FAWM to get back to this idea.

My Tunes
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Junkyard - 01/27/13 10:38 PM
hi robert another cool tune nice mix thanks eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Junkyard - 01/28/13 02:00 AM
Sounds great here also!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Junkyard - 01/28/13 10:08 PM
Cool! Mix sounds fine on my KRK Rokit 5 monitors -- and they are small.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Junkyard - 01/29/13 02:07 AM
Quote:

Robert,

I agree, a VERY good start! I think you should throw a couple of "vocal phrases" in there - that then repeat (over and over in variuos places) so it become "a song" (meaning "with lyrics") as opposed to "an instrumental". Just whatever is on your mind at the time. Can't wait to see where this goes!! You may have to come up with a new name, tho... "PGF Big"... something like that....

floyd

Big +1 here, ya got something cool going on here Robert.

later,
Posted By: rsdean Re: Junkyard - 02/01/13 11:03 PM
Robert,

Great sound. Nice job on this.

Bob
© PG Music Forums