PG Music Home
Posted By: vzudell Island Breezes - 02/09/13 05:36 AM
While we're buried in so much snow I've been thinking how nice it would be to enjoy those island breezes so I created my own. Hope you'll enjoy them too!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12157082

This was created completely in Band-In-A-Box using RealTracks for the Uke and Bass and Real Track 970 for the Pedal Steel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Island Breezes - 02/09/13 07:19 AM
Hi Val,

What a lovely, restful composition. Sitting here listening with my eyes closed, I'm finding the journey through the song very calming and soothing; it's like I'm floating along on a dream.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Island Breezes - 02/09/13 01:55 PM
Nice Val...saw a mother porpoise and her baby off the beach yesterday...perfect music.
Posted By: boehm Re: Island Breezes - 02/09/13 02:56 PM
I enjoyed your island breezes.
You really transported some summer feeling.
Good use of BIAB.

Guenter
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Island Breezes - 02/10/13 12:37 AM
Quote:

Hi Val,

What a lovely, restful composition. Sitting here listening with my eyes closed, I'm finding the journey through the song very calming and soothing; it's like I'm floating along on a dream.

All the best,
Noel

I can even see Bing singing to Rosemary as they ride in the outrigger. Now if I could just hear his lyric I would write it down.

OK now I can't be anymore relaxed . . . Thank You!

Later,
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Island Breezes - 02/10/13 04:59 PM
Very nice and restful, Val.
Cleverly executed in Biab. Well done.
Mountainside - We would be hard pressed to see any dolphins from here - we're in the very middle of England, at least 70 miles form any coast. However, last September I was entranced to see the wild dolphins playing off Anna Maria Island pier almost every time we went on there.
Great Memories.
cheers
ian
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Island Breezes - 02/10/13 05:18 PM
Hi Val. Well there’s no snow in South Africa at the moment. We are in a heat wave! Lovely tune. Especially liked the slide guitar.
Joanne
Posted By: vzudell Re: Island Breezes - 02/11/13 12:15 AM
Noel, Glad you found it relaxing, that was the intent of this song. I was re-creating memories of the vacation we took to Hawaii several years ago. A magical time, never to be forgotten.

Mountainside..We didn't get to see any porpoise but we did get to see the humpback whales. It was quite a site! We stood and watched them frolicing about for the longest time.

Dannyc..
Sorry this doesn't have any lyrics..may write some later. Thanks for listening and commenting.

Val
Posted By: vzudell Re: Island Breezes - 02/11/13 12:20 AM
Sixchannel (Ian)...We didn't see any dolphins in Hawaii, but we did see a lot of them when we lived in Florida.

Jo131..Sure wish you could bottle up some of your heat wave and send it over here. Tried to listen to your new song this morning but for some reason I had no sound. My internet has been giving me fits lately so will try again later. Thanks for listening and for your comments.

Val
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Island Breezes - 02/11/13 02:40 PM
Val - a very enjoyable listen. As everyone has already said... quite "peaceful". floyd
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Island Breezes - 02/11/13 10:30 PM
Cool.....and the several interpretations of the word "cool" fit it. Few people realize how popular Hawaiian music was in the 1920's and how much the slide guitar influenced both blues and country.
Posted By: vzudell Re: Island Breezes - 02/12/13 04:54 AM
Floyd Jane,
Thanks for listening. I have great regard for your special talent with the mixing. I wish it could be passed along by osmosis or just by listening to your songs. But alas I fear I must try to learn by picking up clues here and there.

Mootsman, I like your interpretation of COOL! Thanks for listening and commenting.

Val
Posted By: MarioD Re: Island Breezes - 02/12/13 03:55 PM
Beautiful, very relaxing as it transported me to the beaches!

Thanx I needed this as we just got through another snow storm a couple of days ago!

Super mix!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: vzudell Re: Island Breezes - 02/15/13 05:13 AM
MarioD, Thanks for listening. Hope it helped to melt some of that snow! Sorry it took me so long for me to get back to you. Have been taking care of my new Great, Great Grandchild and that leaves little time to work on music or visit the forum. But well worth the time spent!

Val
© PG Music Forums