PG Music Home
Posted By: K-Vaughn-B Catch It - 08/02/13 04:02 PM
https://soundcloud.com/bnhereb4/catch-it

LOVE THOSE REALDRUMS!!!

I've been using PowerTracks Pro since 1990s and it's the only DAW I use. I finally decided to use the REALDRUMS feature. AMAZING!!!!!!! I played around some of the audio FX and "dang!" was all I could say... I applied some GAIN, FLANGER, and EQ to the drums and ... hey, you check it out and tell me what YOU think...

If you haven't used the REALDRUMS, you're missing out, mannnn.

"Catch It" is an original tune composed in 1999 inspired by a video concert of Spyro Gyra I saw while browsing for music equipment when I was stationed in the Army in Korea wayyy back in 1986. Don't remember the song they were playing, but it made me want to see if I can come up with a groove like that.

DAW - PowerTracks Pro Audio by PG Music
Midi Controller - Yamaha YPG-525
Drums - RealDrums (HipHop) by PG Music

SoundCloud.com
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Catch It - 08/03/13 01:10 AM
K-Vaughn-B,

Welcome to the forum.

Ya got quite a groove going on there man!

Later,
Posted By: ROG Re: Catch It - 08/03/13 07:57 AM
Hi there K-Vaughn-B.

Great first post.

Those who know me here, know that I've got a bit of a leaning towards the 80s and this is just a classic 80s sound. I particularly liked the flange on the drum break around 57 sec.

Like you, I've been a committed Power Tracks user since it went audio around version seven and I think it's just the best DAW on the market at any price.

Hope to see some more of your stuff on here.

ROG.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Catch It - 08/03/13 02:14 PM
I'm a fan of bands like Weather Report, you captured it well. much enjoyed
Posted By: RickeG Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 03:20 AM
Excellent groove and chord arrangement! My thought would be to include a soloist in there such as a sax. I hear an alto sax blasting some sweet melodies over that. As a soloist, I can say, it got my wheels spinning!

Keep playing with BIAB. You will pick up a lot of neat things along the way that will make the good you already have move to great!

Cheers!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 01:26 PM
Hi, KVB !

What a groove ! I just loved it.

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: K-Vaughn-B Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 02:27 PM
Rick!!

Thanx for the comments.

Man, I've had this song for years and everytime I attempt to throw a solo on it, I get stumped.

I often felt this groove is just too bizzy for a solo. But, hey, U jamm with it and see what you come up with.

--KB
Posted By: boehm Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 05:51 PM
Hi KB,

really groovy rhythm track.
I too think a soloist would be good.

Guenter
Posted By: dani48 Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 06:10 PM
Hello KVB !

I had my son Dennis listening to your tracks
and he liked them really much ! smile

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 07:33 PM
I am a fan of Spyro Gyra and you did capture their groove fantastically here.

Now all you need to do is to add some lead lines to finish this. This is a gem really to be polished with some lead lines.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Catch It - 08/16/13 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I am a fan of Spyro Gyra and you did capture their groove fantastically here.

Now all you need to do is to add some lead lines to finish this. This is a gem really to be polished with some lead lines.

+1

Nice groove. Good job. I agree with Mario, with a good lead, this would be complete

Steve
© PG Music Forums