PG Music Home
Posted By: melodeo Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 01:39 AM
Here's the latest from my home studio. Guitar solo courtesy of RealTracks and BIAB used for several other parts as well. Hope you enjoy!

Not Forgotten

Mel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 02:14 AM
Hi Mel,

That sounded very professional to me. A well structured, thoughtfully composed, very easy to listen to instrumental.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 03:44 AM
Very nice indeed. It would be very kind of you if you can list the sounds/styles used on BIB. Thanks for posting.

Mike B.
Posted By: seeker Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 04:41 AM
Mel,

Very nice arrangement and mix. Like the feel of the music.

The variations you put into the arrangements were excellent.

Agree with Mike, instrumentation is very nice to know.
Posted By: melodeo Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 10:47 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments. Regarding the requests for BIAB styles and instrumentation, I wish I could describe specifically what I used, but because of the way I use BIAB, it's hard to retrace my steps.

I used one of the piano ballads for the basic instrumentation in the main body of the song. But I tend to mix and match individual instrument tracks from different styles. And even within individual instrument tracks, I may splice midi from different styles.

The guitar solo was from RealTracks #146, JazzFunkBreezy (Carlos Arellano). I used several VSTs, but mostly Dimension Pro. I hope that's at least a little helpful. Thanks!

Mel
Posted By: Skyline Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 10:52 AM
Excellent work Mel. Thoughtfully composed, arranged and engineered. I really enjoyed this. Thanks.

(There's a cymbal crash at 2:08 without its accompanying kick drum beat. How's that for listening intently!)

John
Posted By: boehm Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 03:36 PM
Hi Mel,

very interesting arrangement.
Enjoyed listening.

Guenter
Posted By: melodeo Re: Not Forgotten - 08/31/13 07:35 PM
Wow, John, that's pretty intense listening! The missing kick drum beat was intentional, of course, for creative effect. (Actually, I only wish I could hear things that well; I'd be a much better producer.) Thanks!

Mel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Not Forgotten - 09/01/13 12:06 PM
Mel,

A BIG +1 to everything that's already been said.

Beautiful and beautifully done!

floyd
Posted By: CarlosEArellano Re: Not Forgotten - 06/07/14 08:23 AM
Quote:
The guitar solo was from RealTracks #146, JazzFunkBreezy (Carlos Arellano).

Hi Mel, I'm not Carlos, well...I am his clon, my name is RT # 146, a computer Band-in-a-Box RealTrack creature, I renderized myself in the real world to coming and say thank you for using me and my partners grin

Mel, I enjoy your song so much, a very nice and thoughtfully composed musical production. Touching and soulful intro driving to a nice sweet chill out atmosphere

Thanks for post and sharing.

Carlos
Posted By: dani48 Re: Not Forgotten - 06/07/14 08:33 AM
Hi, Mel !

What wonderful ambient music !
Enjoying it very much !

Dani
Posted By: RnAM Re: Not Forgotten - 06/07/14 11:37 PM
Hi Mel,

That's a nice piece of music with some unexpected and original changes.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Not Forgotten - 06/08/14 08:44 AM
HI Mel,

This is the first time we've had the pleasure of listening to one of your songs. Good to "meet" you!

Absolutely beautiful and fabulously arranged and mixed. Don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already. It's a wonderful piece with multiple variations that compliment rather than conflict. Nicely done!

Alan & Di
Posted By: RichMac Re: Not Forgotten - 06/08/14 10:27 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that piece Mel. The bass sounds real good to me and I wish I could get the drums to sound like that also. Very tastefully done. Cheers.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Not Forgotten - 06/10/14 04:57 PM
Very dreamy and cool!! Really pretty sonic textures. Very pleasant listen. Take care. Greg
Posted By: olemon Re: Not Forgotten - 06/13/14 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Mel,

That sounded very professional to me. A well structured, thoughtfully composed, very easy to listen to instrumental.

Regards,
Noel

+1.

I don't know how you EQ'd the drums, but those cymbals sounded crisp and clear:)
© PG Music Forums