PG Music Home
This is the original version before I got rid of the instruments, and added the "choirs"
Cannot get you out of my mind (Acoustic version)

~712:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085 (A:simple)
~702:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Spirited Ev 065
1181:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking PopWaltz Ev 120
1680:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085

I can still smell your perfume as it lingers throughout the house
and if I smell it on a lady in the street I often cry
again sometimes I hear you calling me (alyn alyn)
calling me late at night
but if I answer it by calling
I become awake

Again sometimes i see you walking about 20 yds in front of me
and as i run, try to catch you up
you disappear
Again sometimes I feel you're with me when I'm lying half asleep
but if I reach out to touch you
you've not bin there, no you've not bin there

it must be love for me to imagine
even after all this time
I still love you and miss you madly
even tho I know you're not mine
cannot get you cannot get you outa my mind
Hey Alyn This is a cool version too. Not sure which one I like the best. This one pulled me more into the lyrics. The first version I was blown away with the chorus
I actually like it better with just the acoustic guitar.
Scott,
Thanks for listening again laugh
I am in the same boat as you now as I too now don't know which version I like best!! I tried the choirs on top of the chorus and they didn't sit right. D*MN just thought I should have added the choir chorus at the end of the acoustic version, somehow.
Well that gives me something to do tonight. crazy if I can be bothered LOL

Alyn
Herb,

Thank you for your opinion because it was your, and Josie's, comments that made me sit up, think .......... and then resurrect the acoustic version.

I really appreciate your honesty smile
Thank you.

Alyn
I'm down with the minimalist approach. It really supports the vocal and the lyric.
Thank you.
I wanted the song to sound sad and lonely, so I agree with what you say

Alyn
Hi Alyn
This version is good but my favourite is the synth one.
To me it is more dramatic and would like to hear even quieter or more ethereal backing to make the vocal more vulnerable and wistful.- Rich.
Very nicely done, one suggestion on the lyrics, and this may be just me, some others may want to give some input but I think you could do without this line [about 20 yds in front of me] of the second verse. Still very nice work, and either way still a great piece of writing and performance. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Rich,

Thanks mate, I too prefer the "synth" version but I was limited in the sounds by my VSTi's and soundfonts (and then got bored) LOL

Alyn
Hi Pgfantastic,
Quote:
this may be just me, some others may want to give some input but I think you could do without this line [about 20 yds in front of me] of

the second verse

Interesting suggestion, I am always open to suggestions, but why? I would love to know your thoughts why.
The words just tumbled out on to the paper when I wrote the song.
To me it portrayed that moment when you see a friend in front of you in, say in a busy shopping mall, but miss them when you try to catch them and chat!
The only line I thought about was the"alyn alyn" bit and the third verse, which I rejected.

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate them very much.
© PG Music Forums