PG Music Home
Posted By: Greg Johnson New Song: The right lane of life - 12/25/13 09:26 PM
An old school jazzy tune all with real tracks: The combo is Jazz Swing with electric guitar, and the soloist is track 442. Let me know what you think. MERRY XMAS!!
Greg https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/master-gregjohnson-right-lane
Posted By: boehm Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/26/13 12:55 AM
Hi Greg,

nice arrangement and good vocals.
Merry Christmas.

Guenter
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/26/13 02:33 AM
Greg,

I really like this tune, great lyric arrangement and performance.

Great smooth swing style.

PS: Just heard thy this heart on for size and an thinking this is one great song and effort. Did you post this one in the forum yet?

Merry Christmas,
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/26/13 12:37 PM
Neat song. Excellent singing and playing. Bass runs are very neat
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/26/13 01:12 PM
Nice mix, I liked it. Take Me To The Ocean sounds good too but I'm not a believer in evolution so we differ there. That said the three songs I listened to were all well made.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/26/13 01:30 PM
Greg, another great number. Nice and smooth, the rhythm guitar works really nicely, and both the lyrics and your delivery are superb. Not too busy, just right. The solos just fitted in perfectly, like inserting the last pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. Nice.
Thanks for sharing
Trevor
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/26/13 11:56 PM
Hi, Greg !:))

I also enjoyed this sweet tune
very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/27/13 01:41 AM
Hi Greg,

What a great phrase ...

Quote:
My spirit's strivin' for some easy drivin'

This is a wonderful song. Lyrics, arrangement, mix, performance - all top-shelf, top class jazz.

Fantastic music!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 12/27/13 11:41 PM
Greg,

Cool song. Terrific vocal. Wonderful production and mix.

Very enjoyable.

floyd
Posted By: Icelander Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/08/14 01:40 AM
Excellent allround! cool
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/09/14 04:59 AM
Icelander, thanks for resurrecting this song! Much appreciated. To quote one of my favorite movies "One from the vaults". Appreciate the listen. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/09/14 05:20 AM
Hi Greg,

This was posted by you before we started posting here. We, too, are delighted, Icelander resurrected it. We love this style of Jazz and you do it well.

Great vocals and a real nice arranagement. We totally loved it! Thanks for the listening pleasure. Best to ya ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/11/14 08:02 PM
Thanks Al and Di, and thank also for the kind words about my new one. Always appreciate your thoughtful comments. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/14/14 04:32 PM
Nice Greg....and as a bass fiddle player I even more enjoyed it. Very nice mellow (in the positive sense of the word) groove. Fine vocal delivery and mix.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/14/14 06:02 PM
This is cool.... and it's the first time I've heard the word copacetic used in a song.
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/14/14 08:40 PM
Greg, I don't know how I missed this. Great lyrics, melody and of course vocals. Like all your stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tom
Posted By: aleck rand Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/17/14 10:40 PM
Greg,

Very cool vocal. +1 to what Guenter said about those slick lyrics.

Dean
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/20/14 03:04 PM
Greg,
I missed this the first time around. Glad I got another chance. Very cool tune.
SD
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/23/14 01:05 AM
J and B Thanks again for the listen and kind words!!

Herb, thanks again for listening and the positive feedback-I do love to try to find unconventional words, thoughts, and rhymes. Thanks for noticing.

Tom, much appreciate your nice comments. This song was posted a while back. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

Dean, thanks again for the support. Try to see if you can link on the new one (Destination: Paradise). As the jazz man on the forum, I'd love to know what you think

SD, thanks again! I've been enjoying your stuff.

Take care all. Greg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/23/14 03:13 AM
Nice song. Your vocals are really good on this. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/27/14 08:52 PM
Thanks Charlie. Much appreciate the support. You're doing some killer stuff these days!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song: The right lane of life - 10/29/14 06:50 PM
Greg, is this the first time that you posted this here? I see the original post was on Dec. 25,2013.

I agree with all that has been said so all I can do is paraphrase, great vocal and great jazz!
© PG Music Forums