PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled What the Hell is this time signature - 01/01/14 12:16 AM
Hi everyone.
Here is a BB track from 2012 ,its title is derived from the unusual time signatures section in BB as i used the 24/16 signature.
https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/what-the-hell-is-this-time

I used IK Multi media Sonik Synth for all the parts ,I think the harmonica lead works well.
Happy New Year all.
Posted By: Al-David Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/01/14 02:06 AM
I think that's the first time I've (Al) heard that signature used. but I really liked it. That bass line was fabulous! We liked everything about it. And yes, the harmonica works great! Thanks for a refreshing and new sound! Best to you in 2014...

Al & Di
Posted By: Riccled Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/01/14 02:22 PM
Hi Al and Di.
Thanks for the positive feedback again,yes 24/16 is an odd t/s but it really is just 4/4 with different fractions I suppose!
Yeah I gave my bass player a pay rise after that part was done,he really did a stonkingly good performance there!
I have some new projects about to commence soon using BB styles that I haven't used before so that should be interesting!
Thanks and happy new year to you both.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/01/14 02:43 PM
Hi Riccled
what a curious time sig.
Made for a very interesting exercise which I really enjoyed.
Riccled - the great thing about RTs in that you DON'T have to buy the Bass player a pint when he does well!!
Happy New Year
Ian
Posted By: floyd jane Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/01/14 03:30 PM
Ric - smooth. a bit long for me - perhaps if you brought in another instrument to share (trade off) the lead here and there... floyd
Posted By: Riccled Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/02/14 12:09 AM
Hi there.
Thanks for the input, yes if I had to reward my virtual bandmembers every time I did a track I'd be flat broke in no time!
Stay tuned for more Ricc weirdness!
Posted By: Scott C Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/02/14 12:30 PM
Song has a neat feel to it. Loved the melody.
Posted By: olemon Re: What the Hell is this time signature - 01/02/14 03:45 PM
The 'feel' of this rythm is great. Chalk one up for you.
© PG Music Forums