PG Music Home
Posted By: MarkydeSad New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/01/14 10:05 PM
Hello

I've been writing songs for a while and here's one of them. This song has been covered by the Vice-President of Gibson, Craig Anderton. Which is rather flattering smile

Hope you like it

https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101/black-market-daydreams
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/01/14 10:09 PM
Hi Mark...

Welcome to the boards! We are pretty new here, too...about 10 days or so. I think you'll enjoy
your time here.

How nice...covered by Anderton...really cool!!!!

Sounded terrific to us. great production with nicely panned separation and the balances are perfect. there's nothing not to like here. If that's your own vocal, a tip of the hat to you...great job!

We thoroughly enjoyed this...very nice, indeed! Best to you!

Al & Di
Posted By: MarkydeSad Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/01/14 10:18 PM
Thanks, mate smile

Here's Craig's version. I hope this doesn't count as spam

Posted By: Al-David Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/01/14 10:40 PM
Hi Mark...

Thanks for the link of Craig's version. Personally, I wouldn't call it spam...it's relevant to your initial post and specific to that particular song. Works for me. Sounds great!

Al
Posted By: sixchannel Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/02/14 11:16 AM
I like both versions BUT I actually think that yours has the edge. The Craig version is too "processed" and has lost the rawness.
Just IMO.
BUT - this is a Band In A Box Showcase forum and we would love to know how you made it using BIAB / RB. (tracks used, processes etc etc). Please let us know.
Ian
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/02/14 12:29 PM
Mark,

I too like your version for the same reason.... Craig's version is close to an example of how not to process a song. While I respect CA's knowledge.... he's probably forgotten more about gear and how everything works than I will ever know.... he missed the mark on this one IMHO.

I would like to know what BB/RB tracks were used in this recording as well. As has been pointed out, this is a Band in a Box forum and songs posted here are supposed to include BB/RB tracks. The other exception is if you use a PG product in the making of the project. However, that too should be identified in this forum.

Thanks.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/03/14 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Mark,

I too like your version for the same reason.... Craig's version is close to an example of how not to process a song. While I respect CA's knowledge.... he's probably forgotten more about gear and how everything works than I will ever know.... he missed the mark on this one IMHO.

I would like to know what BB/RB tracks were used in this recording as well. As has been pointed out, this is a Band in a Box forum and songs posted here are supposed to include BB/RB tracks. The other exception is if you use a PG product in the making of the project. However, that too should be identified in this forum.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum and of course what Guitarhacker mentioned above.

Later,
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/03/14 01:44 AM
"The" Craig Anderton? Wow, you're squattin' in tall cotton!

Keep em comin'.
Posted By: MarkydeSad Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/03/14 07:35 AM
Yes, THE Craig Anderton! He's done a cover of another of my tunes and we've collaborated on a third. I met him at a Line 6 conference in London in July 2013 smile

I'm an idiot. I didn't realise this was a Band in a Box forum. Doh! I won't darken your door again. But since you ask, here's what I used on Black Market Daydreams:

Zoom 16-track recorder, Zoom drum machine, Les Paul, Squier P-bass, el-cheapo Casio keyboard, NT1-A mic

I've only recently started using a computer for recording - a bit late to the party...
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/03/14 12:51 PM
No need to run away.... pick up a copy of Band In A Box 2014 and join the fun we have here.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/03/14 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
No need to run away.... pick up a copy of Band In A Box 2014 and join the fun we have here.

Do that, Mark! There's some great stuff on your Soundcloud. Very varied, stylewise.
Not bad for a Bolton Boy. lol!!(I'm ex-Pat Bolton now living in West Midlands. I must have been a Bad Bad Boy!)
I'm sure you would come up with some amazing stuff using BIAB.
Ian
Posted By: MarkydeSad Re: New Boy. Please Be Gentle With Me - 01/03/14 10:37 PM
Bloody hell, Ian. Small world, eh?!

To be honest, I'd never even heard of Band in a Box until you guys pulled me up on it

I'll have to investigate further...
© PG Music Forums