PG Music Home
Posted By: kerkenat The Way To Be - 01/14/14 02:01 AM
"The Way To Be" by Kent Kersey

https://soundcloud.com/doc-k/the-way-to-be

****** Song Summary *************
Title: The Way To Be
Key=G , Tempo 81, Length (m:s)=3:48

Style is ALBERTI.STY (Alberti Classical Piano)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (1), Acoustic Piano (1),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

The subject matter of the song can be gleaned from the lyrics.

All instrumental tracks were generated by BIAB, (but some were tweaked in Sonar)

I also used Sony Sound Forge.

Kent Kersy
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Way To Be - 01/14/14 03:10 AM
Hi Kent,

I liked your attention to orchestration in the production of this one. You've also been very creative with panning the vocals to create the effect of your "little voice".

The more I listened to your song, the more I could see this as a work in a stage show/musical. To my mind, it's the kind of song that advances the story line because it gives an insight into the thinking of the character and it gives the audience a rest from dialogue.

It's been a while since you posted! Nice to have you back in the forum again.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Way To Be - 01/14/14 01:08 PM
Excellent song. Loved the lyrics and melody. Well done
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Way To Be - 01/14/14 02:08 PM
Ken,

This is interesting. I think Noel nailed when he said he could see this in a stage musical play production.

A lot of work went into this ...obviously.

Keep up the good work.

One thing I will comment about: I would have a look at finding a more suitable key for your voice. I think, by raising the key a bit, the song would be easier to sing. You sound like you are down in the bottom half of your vocal range quite a bit of the time. There's quite a range from top to bottom on the melody. Some big jumps too. Just something to consider on future projects. Most singers prefer to be in that top half as it allows them to apply power and control better.

This would be really cool as a duet.... have a lady singing some of those lines back to you.....
Posted By: kerkenat Re: The Way To Be - 01/14/14 02:51 PM
Thanks for listening guys.
Actually I plan to hire a vocalist. But its good to know people like it even with my amatuer vocals.
Posted By: boehm Re: The Way To Be - 01/14/14 04:01 PM
Hi Kent,
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I liked your attention to orchestration in the production of this one. You've also been very creative with panning the vocals to create the effect of your "little voice".
The more I listened to your song, the more I could see this as a work in a stage show/musical.

Couldn't say it better.
Very clever lyrics.

Guenter
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Way To Be - 01/14/14 07:53 PM
Hello Kent...

This is our first time to listen to you. That was such a great song...we can hear being sung from a theatre stage somewhere where it can be heard at its best potential. It sounds terrific here but from a big production stage...fantastic! very nice, indeed!

Al & Di
Posted By: kerkenat Re: The Way To Be - 01/17/14 11:21 AM
Thanks,
Got a thespian in mind?
Kent
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Way To Be - 01/17/14 01:13 PM
Kent, I agree with the comments about the theatre. I liked the idea behind it. Keep writing and posting. Tom
Posted By: kerkenat Re: The Way To Be - 02/22/14 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: kerkenat
Thanks for listening guys.
Actually I plan to hire a vocalist. But its good to know people like it even with my amatuer vocals.

Here is the song sung by a more talented singer.

https://soundcloud.com/doc-k/the-way-to-be
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Way To Be - 02/22/14 02:51 PM
Kent,

You cover a lot of ground there in 4 minutes... Very entertaining - and thought provoking... Sounds good..

floyd
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Way To Be - 02/22/14 02:57 PM
Plus 1 on the remarks regarding the feel of a stage production. It is definitely creative!
© PG Music Forums