Hi-Q 049 01 Strings, Ensemble, Chamber SampleTank.tgs
I added another small string part from my Yamaha P-85

Comments encouraged.
Have at it.

floyd
Posted By: sixchannel Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/21/14 10:48 PM
Man, you are at it AGAIN!!
Another superb country ballad.
As I am one of those guys who just cannot dance - my kids call it "Dad Dancing" and you can guess what it looks like - this is going to be my anthem to Val.
A great production and there you go again slipping in those nice m7b5 chords just when I least expect it.
Wonderful stuff, Floyd.
Thank you
Cheers
ian
Posted By: Curt Young Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/21/14 11:07 PM
Floyd,

Another awesome production.... Tremendous, as usual!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/21/14 11:39 PM
Floyd, another keeper, my friend!

You definitely are a talented wordsmith. Thanks for posting this work. We all learn by your excellent example.

If you're anything like me, you were too busy making the music for other people to dance to to learn how myself. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it).
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 12:51 AM
Floyd, nice number, liked the strings in the intro and throughout. Great lyrics. All put together with a smooth country feel. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 06:06 AM
Floyd, This is what you call smart country. Great lyrics that tell the story and make you think at the same time. I liked the observations on line dancing. I've always watched from the perspective of the bandstand and thought there was something very odd about that craze. Like Ian that one chord f#m made me sit up a little straighter and listen a little harder. Brilliant change. The only thing I didn't like was it ended too soon. That may be because I liked it so much. Another super job.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 07:29 AM
Every time I think you can't get any better, you up and do this. Great work, love the back ground strings, so well mastered, and as always the vocal is outstanding! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: 90 dB Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 11:14 AM
+1 to everything that's been said. Another one for the Bootleg CD.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 01:40 PM
Just wonderful Floyd
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 02:34 PM
Cool tune. I like the chord you use in the 6th line in the verse. Most folks would not have considered that. Nice choice.

And yeah...BTW, I don't dance either. Not in any semblance of normality.
Posted By: boehm Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/22/14 03:59 PM
Hi Floyd,

you did it again. Great composition and performance.
Just beautiful. I can't get enough of those strings.

Guenter
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/23/14 09:57 AM
Hi, Floyd !:))

How on earth did you manage to get
two left feet ? .....(chuckle)!
Well, honestly, this is one of your
best without doubt ! I just love
the variety and how nice you get
everything to blend .....!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/23/14 11:20 AM
really enjoyed that, sung with passion. thanks for sharing your talent
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 02:16 AM
Really nice work, as usual Floyd!! Someone else pointed out an unconventional chord change. Definitely caught my attention but worked very well musically. Beautiful concept, beautifully delivered!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: gruverider Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 02:45 AM
great lyrics!

tight arrangement, lots of tracks and nothing gets in the way of the song

and I love the outro!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 03:51 AM
Ian - I like that "Dad Dancing".... you obviously know what I'm talking about... It does amaze me that you can pick out that m7b5...

Curt - thanks for the listen and the nice comment...

Don - Always nice to have you drop by for a listen...Yeah... let's both stick to that story!...

Trevor - thanks for giving this one a go...Appreciate it...
Posted By: gibson Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 01:42 PM
Floyd,

I used to think I could dance but it was just the beer talking.

As guitarhacker wrote that chord change in line 6 is unexpected and perfect.

I do like the lines:
Love's the only music we need
when i dance of a man in love
and let my heart take the lead

Another Floyd masterpiece laugh

Alyn
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 06:03 PM
Tom - don't you wish "smart country" ruled the airwaves? Actually, I always thought Line Dancing made a lot of sense. You don't need a partner and everyone's your partner (and it's easy enough that even two-left-footer can do it). Women don't need their husbands to dance - and they can dance with their friends - which they'd rather do anyway... smile Thanks for the nice words...

Robert - very nice of you to say. I appreciate it.

Bob - are we getting close to Dylan's 41? Talk about resting on your laurels!!!!

Josie - thanks.

Herb - thanks. F#m7b5
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 06:08 PM
Guenter - Thank you. If the strings are "right enough" for you too mention, then I've have to say I'm pleased...

Dani - okay, buddy, you are going to have to come up with a new line... you've used that "one of your best" far too many times smile
Thank you for that!

Steve - thanks.

Greg - appreciate it. every now and then you just have to throw in something a bit different, dontcha?

Posted By: RichMac Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 08:17 PM
Nice relaxed style. Crisp production and I particularly like the bass in this one. Cheers.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/24/14 09:01 PM
Janice and I listened before reading prior comments and she immediately noticed the cool chord change that has already been noted. Me? I liked it off the bat but don't have those subtleties y'all do to immediately focus in on something like that. Writing for me would be real simple.

Great lyric and vocal -- Janice just said I was going to have to record another Fred Astaire movie for her...thanks floyd.

Hey, you really got that strang thang going. And....Janice just said over my shoulder George Strait needs that song. And I said "he's retired." What the heck -- it's a pro production and a top notch tune. In my perfect world, he wouldn't be retired, would hear this and make everybody a lot of sheckels.

J&B
Posted By: olemon Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/25/14 02:49 AM
The band and the orchestra.... You forgot the writer and the composer, who are also deserving of some praise:)

Just top notch in every respect. Your vocal is outstanding. The lyrics in the bridge seal the deal.

Radio ready.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/26/14 06:52 PM
Lawrence - appreciate the kind words...

Alyn - hey! I beer-dance too!!! Appreciate you takin' this one for a whirl..

Richard - thanks.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/26/14 06:57 PM
Janice and Bud - y'all say the nicest things. GS could do a bang-up job on this, for sure! you know, they all eventually come out of retirement to make a quick million or two...

Scott - thanks - appreciate such nice comments...
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/26/14 08:23 PM
I’m very late to this party but I really glad that I came!

It’s all been said but I will add that I wish I had your composing and singing talent! I just wonder why you are not signed to a record deal yet!

Loved it!
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/28/14 04:28 AM
Floyd...

Why in the heck aren't you a household name? If nothing else, why in the heck isn't your name credited as lyricist on half the stuff coming out of Nashville? It should be!

Great song, great production and fabulous arrangement. Wish I (Al) had half your chops! Stellar in every possible way!

Al & Di
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/28/14 11:39 AM
Hey floyd,

You've excelled yourself yet again! What a great hook!

As I usually do, I pressed play, sat back, closed my eyes and listened. While I was listening, I could see George Strait singing. This is a wonderful song and I'm pretty sure it's something that would appeal to him. You really should try and get it to him.

The lyrics are awesome, the melody is brilliant, the arrangement is very inventive. There's nothing quite like a solid line of strings to boost the emotional barometer of a song. These strings are perfect.

The melody for the line "I may be a simple man" really caught my imagination and pulled me into the music. I loved the drop down to "man" and I was completely hooked after hearing that line.

As others have already mentioned, the m7b5 chord for line 6 is an outstanding choice. I also thought the chord on "need" in the bridge that was the pivot for getting back to the refrain was incredibly well chosen.

The bridge did everything a bridge should do and then some. For what it's worth, I found the change in melody and harmony very satisfying to experience. I couldn't help but get swept along.

This AABA form with only the refrain of the last A-section is amazing. I've never experienced it before but it is such a terrific musical journey.

To my ears, the ending was perfect! The feeling of being left up in the air, floating in love was just great. (A lot happens inside my head when I have my eyes closed, listening smile )

I'm going back to listen once more ...

Wow!
Noel

Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 02/28/14 02:38 PM
I love this song! - The lyrics are great and grabs you right away from the very first line. This song is very marketable ... I can hear Brad Paisley making you a ton of money with it. Get it to him! Nice mix and production. Was Forest Gump your inspiration?
Posted By: ROG Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 03/01/14 11:32 PM
Hey Floyd.

Been really busy of late, so I'm playing catch-up again, here, but I'd hate to have missed this one.

This is actually my favourite of yours, to date. To my mind, there's a slight change in your style with this one, from the opening bars with the descending bass line, through to the bigger, more lush production.

The whole sound is very "big" and for once I can honestly say the stereo works beautifully for me in the 'phones as well as on the mains. (I'm sure you remember my comments of old!) There's a lovely big spread to the sound without anything sounding artificially placed.

The song, itself, is terrific. The lyrics are memorable, the vocal is wonderful, the production and mix are simply professional.

This one made my day.

ROG.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 03/02/14 03:15 AM
Mario - thanks for that. Used to dream a record deal when I was a kid. Man, that seem like a long time ago, now...

Al - Why? LOL - the way of the world, I guess... thanks for the kind words...

Noel - You always say the nicest things. I thought this one might appeal to you on a lot of different levels. I knew the structure would "get your attention". I'm pleased that you liked it. Thanks for listening.... Now, if only George would come around and have a listen, eh?

Elliott - thanks for the nice comments. Hadn't ever thought of it as a "Brad song" - would that be nice, though... wasn't a Gump thing - was that something in the movie?

ROG - ALWAYS love to hear when a song works for you. Thanks for taking it for a spin - and for the very nice comments...
Posted By: trapper456 Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 03/13/14 06:42 AM
Floyd, Floyd, Floyd, why are you not a star yet. I love your music so much that I listen to at least 3 or 4 songs everyday from you.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 03/13/14 11:42 AM
I don't know about this one....

... just kidding, you know I think it's great. I commented over on JPF for this one!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 03/13/14 11:51 PM
hi Floyd realy awesome mix nice and clear everything spot on great stuff eric
Posted By: rsdean Re: The Dance Of A Man In Love - 03/15/14 01:15 PM
Floyd,

Just great, as usual. Love the production on this.

Bob
© PG Music Forums