PG Music Home
Posted By: Skyline Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 11:56 AM
Hi friends. Just to say I haven't gone away, just had to take a break for a while.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of this year so we've been going through that tunnel. A small operation and twelve weeks of chemotherapy is where we're up to and I'm glad to say she's doing very well indeed. We now have ahead of us three weeks of daily radiotherapy, but things are very positive. We chose to have all her treatment at The Royal Marsden hospital in London which is the best place in the country, but that has meant a lot of regular travelling, etc. so it's been a bit tiring for both of us. But the main thing is that the outlook is excellent.

I've been working on a couple songs and will be posting in the near future.
Posted By: olemon Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 12:51 PM
My heart goes out to you and your wife along with prayers for continued strength and recovery.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 12:59 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you both.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 01:38 PM
John,

Your wife is in our prayers. Outcomes for BC are excellent these days - I know she'll come though fine.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 02:19 PM
John, All the best to the both of you. We will be thinking of you. Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 05:54 PM
John - thinking of you both. Take care of the important stuff. - floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 06:26 PM
Originally Posted By: olemon
My heart goes out to you and your wife along with prayers for continued strength and recovery.

Mine too.

Josie
Posted By: RichMac Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 09:46 PM
Hope you come through that tunnel well and happy. Best wishes.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 10:18 PM

John !

I can only hope and pray
that everything will come out
allright for both of you !

Best wishes
Dani
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 10:25 PM
John, good to know that the outlook is good. Fortunately, nowadays the BC treatment has gone a long ways towards a positive recovery. We'll be praying for you both and not worry about getting back to music; we all be here whenever. Take care of what matters now.

Mike B.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/13/14 10:49 PM
Best wishes, John, to the both of you. And hurry back with the music. Always enjoy your great songs.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/14/14 03:10 PM
all the best to you and yours.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/15/14 02:41 AM
I know this is a very stressful time. My sister-in-law had a bad bout with breast cancer about 6-7 years ago, and I'm glad to say she's doing fine. Life is fragile but that is part of what makes it so sacred. Hoping all goes well. Really love your positive presence on the forum. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Skyline Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/15/14 08:12 AM
Many thanks for your kind comments. Your support is really appreciated.

John
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/17/14 04:56 PM
We are so glad that things are on the up side now. Often for folks it's difficult to be strong when strength is most needed. It sounds like you two have both the strength and what I perceive as a fine relationship. That'll take you a long ways through these times. Best to you.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Getting back to music soon... - 06/17/14 11:38 PM
John,

My thoughts are with you and your wife. Nice to read the outlook is very positive.
© PG Music Forums