PG Music Home
SNEAKY PETE -> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12869389

We wrote this one for a movie opportunity. They wanted something quirky, jazzy and with minimal lead. This is what we offered, but it wasn't selected. It was intended for a comedy scene in which a guy is sneaking around his neighbor's house in the middle of the night.

BIAB Tracks:

File:Al - Sneaky Pete.MGU
Key=Bb , Tempo 103, Length (m:s)=3:39
8 bar intro, 28 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 36. Repeat x3 choruses
Melody has 188 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 134 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Soloist is saved with the song : CLASSICAL16: Piano (245)
Style is NEWJAZZ1.STY (New Jazz 1 - medium 4/4 swing)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Vibes (12), Marimba (13), Clarinet (72),
MIDI Drums :41 Brushes Kit (41)

RealDrums will be substituted :JazzBrushes#1: a: JazzBrushes#1b: JazzBrushes#1

We hope you don't mind if we post a couple of songs fairly c;lose together as we may not get another opportunity to post for a couple of weeks. But, we don't want to hog the board either.

Thanks,

Alan & Di
Cool stuff!! I could totally see this working for the scene described. Isn't "Sneaky Pete" the name of a studio musician from the past? Possible pedal steel or slide guitar? Name rings a bell. Very cool effort here!! Take care. Greg
Alan & Di, just loved it! you know that I'm an instrumental kind of composer, and this one is right up my alley. You didn't have to describe the mood, it's perfectly set. I's hard not to imagine what's going on.
Thanks for posting.

Mike B.
Hi Alan,

I can totally imagine the scene this song was written for.
Enjoyed that very much.

Guenter
Hi Greg...

So glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know. As far as a musician nicknamed "Sneaky Pete", I'm not sure but possibly it was pedal steel player, Pete Drake. That's just a guess, though.

Again, thanks for the listen and very nice comments!

Alan & Di
Hi Michael,

Yes, we are well-aware of your wonderful instrumental compositions and your passion for them. Actually, we thought of you and Dean (Alex Rand) when we finished this one. So glad you liked it. Coming from you, that's a mighty fine compliment Thanks! Best to ya!

Alan & Di
Guten Abend, Guenter!

We are delighted you were able to imagine the scene we were writing this for. That's a very strong endorsement and we appreciate it so very much! It's always our pleasure to read your comments. Wishing you well ,

Alan & Di
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneaky_Pete_Kleinow Here you go Al. I knew the name rang a bell. Take care. Greg
Thanks, Greg. I forgot all about him!
Alan and Di,

This song definitely creates the vibe your going for. I like the breaks that tease the listener. smile

All the best!
Alan,

A VERY enjoyable listen! Great mix, cool instrumentation.

I was expecting some pedal steel, though...

floyd
plish,

Thanks for those mighty nice words! So glad you enjoyed and the music did its job for the intended purpose. And yeah, those breaks were put in to create additional drama, as silence almost always does (well, silent except for the brushes). Thanks again!

Alan & Di
Hi Floyed,

So glad you thought it was "cool"! It never crossed our minds to use a pedal steel. Hmmm ... maybe something new to play around with! Thanks for you kind comments! Best to you,

Alan & Di
Hi, Al & Di !!!:))

I just loved this !:)) I love everything
about it, soothing mellow jazz just the
way I like it !:))

Cheers
Dani
Enjoyed this. You captured the mood.

Charlie
Hi Dani ...

Thank you for those kind words. We love the fact that you love the song! We always appreciate the kind words and encouragement you give us, as do so many others here. We're delighted you stopped in for a listen. Thanks again!

Alan & Di
Hi Charlie,

So glad you enjoyed the song. And the fact we captured the mood is music to our ears! Thanks for letting us know! Wishing you the very best!

Alan & Di
Delightful! I like all of the stops. Good blend of instruments.
Hi Al and Di,

This is incredibly entertaining to listen to. You've done a really good job creating such a top notch instrumental. It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel
Gruverider,

Thanks so much! We're delighted you enjoyed the anticipation from the stops and the instrument choices. We appreciate your kind words.

Alan & Di
Noel,

You are always so kind to our music with your words. We appreciate that so much. We're delighted you enjoyed the listen. We can see both thumbs sticking up ... from way over here!

Alan & Di
hi al nice work very creative stuff thanks for sharing eric
Hello Alan and Di,

This tune would do quite well as an intro tune in a Dexter episode.
Very well composed. We're still waiting for that disco song wink.

Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

A VERY enjoyable listen! Great mix, cool instrumentation.

I was expecting some pedal steel, though...

floyd

Plus One! And....I always liked Sneaky Pete RIP (Flying Burrito Brothers)
F.M.M.

Thanks for the listen and the very nice words! We appreciate that very much!

Alan & Di
Hi Rob & Anne-Marie...

We like the Dexter reference ... nice! Glad you enjoyed the song. As far as the disco song, it might be a while. Di had a stroke a couple of years ago and she is having serious issues because of it. At this time, she is incapable of singing. And I don't know if i can pull it off! I'll see!!!!

Thanks again. It's a;ways a pleasure to hear from you.

Alan & Di
Janice & Bud,

We'll gladly take that "Plus One"!! So glad you enjoyed this eclectic piece. Still think about where to put a little pedal steel in it! Wishing you both the very best ...

Alan & Di
I am not sure I can adequately explain, but this song instantly conjures up images of Charlie Brown, Snoopy and Woodstock and kind if a lazy day flipping from scene to scene getting the big picture of what's going on in the neighborhood at that particular moment. Hey there's Peppermint Patty!

Thanks for sharing the tune. I can see how it would work as a backdrop to the house thieves casing out the home in the kids movie movie "Home Alone" as well.
Hi Nobilis,

Thanks so much for dropping in for a listen. Glad you enjoyed it. And yes, we can see where you're coming from regarding the Charlie Brown scenario. That hadn't occurred to us, but since you've mentioned it, we fully agree. Thanks for the new look & take on this! Wishing you well,

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums