PG Music Home
Posted By: LPman Already Done - 09/13/14 03:44 AM
hi all..
I decided to do something a little bit more different than my usual Band in a Box creations for myself.... I began to think who else could I help... who would want it?

I have a friend named Robin Ariel Holgate. He does country songs, and I asked him would you like to have other instruments with his guitar playing and singing. and he said "heck yeah!" So I suggested to him that I could make a back track to a song called "already done". A song he wrote.... I told hirm he's not obligated to sing on the back track and get it out there! I suggested we collaborate and see what happens. He liked the backtrack and gave me credit for it, so I think it's okay to put it on here.

Elecrok.sty

soundcloud

[url=] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPX5jy_a8as&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/url]
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 07:17 AM
Nice drivin' country tune, band in a box makes for great backing tracks; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: LPman Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 02:44 PM
Thanks for the support PgFantastic it was fun to give Robin a glimpse what Band in a box 2014 can do! Sometimes it's great to give people hope and options for their dreams.

I'm hoping this is the boost that Robin needs :-)
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 03:37 PM
Good track. Enjoyed the song and production.

Charlie
Posted By: Al-David Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 04:42 PM
Hi Guys ...

A good Country-Rock tune. You did a real nice job with the backing tracks ... perfect for the song. Enjoyed it!

Alan & Di
Posted By: LPman Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 05:29 PM
I appreciate your sharing this with me.... It's sometimes really good to get a honest feedback on projects.... I am hoping Robin might get some ideas from this forum..... and the possibilities of what band in the box 2014 will bring.
Posted By: LPman Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 05:31 PM
Thank you Charlie.... country is not my strongest suit.... so its always fun to try new challenges!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 08:01 PM
Fun track!! I like the feel and the energy. I would put some eq the vocal with a little more bite and put some verb on it. Cool song!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: LPman Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 08:09 PM
Thanks Greg Johnson.... Before I could get a track of vocals.... he got so excited he published :-)
Posted By: MarioD Re: Already Done - 09/13/14 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun track!! I like the feel and the energy. I would put some eq the vocal with a little more bite and put some verb on it. Cool song!! Take care. Greg

I agree with Greg about the vocal!

Great contemporary county backing tracks. You did a fantastic job on that.
Posted By: gibson Re: Already Done - 09/14/14 07:35 AM
This sounds like a cross between Bob Dylan at his first attempt at electric and early punk in the late 70's early 80's.

I agree with Greg about the vocal but what a great song!

Alyn
Posted By: LPman Re: Already Done - 09/14/14 11:52 AM
Thanks Gibson... had a hard time adding the reverb to it. the vocal track he sent back to me had the music in the background... I guess he wanted it fast and dirty :-)
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Already Done - 09/16/14 01:19 PM
Nice groove and a good vocalist. If you can get the vocal track dry and mix it in with some reverb it could sit a lot better in the mix. Enjoyed the listen.
© PG Music Forums