PG Music Home
ZOMBIES REVEAL SECRET TO ETERNAL HAPPINESS !!!

Well... look what the cat dragged in!!!!
smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Great to see ya droppin' in, Dean!

Love the bite to that organ. Nicely played.

Liking your guitar on this, too...

You're not gettin' all mellow on us are ya???

Enjoyed it.

floyd

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile wink
Beautifully arranged and wonderfully performed!! And, who can say no to a song like this. Very much enjoyed this!! Take care. Greg
Uber cool listen. Fine guitar and supporting mix. Everything works well, very well, for me.
Hi Dean,

nice to have you back! And you start showing us what great musician you are.

Guenter
Swings nicely Dean, what more can I say?

Really like some of the inversions you've used on the Hammond, and great guitar solo.

Top stuff

Trev
Dean,

Wondered where you were!!
I like the octave reprise on guitar towards the end.
Nice playing on the keys and frets!

Alyn

ps the title of the post put me off at first tho grin
Hey Alec
Don't know if I've been scarce on this forum of if you have but its nice to have you back with one of your very cool tunes.
Ah, the cool meister returns. grin

Zombies?

Great job Dean.

Josie
Hi Dean ...

We've been hit and miss on the site, too, the past couple of months.Between health issues and deadlines for two novels I'm working on, our time here has been limited recently.

Great jazzy take on this old standard. Love the song and your mix is perfect. As always, your picking is supreme. Still smiling as I write this. Great job in all respects ...

Alan & Di
This brought back many fond memories of the days when I played in a trio with a B3, drums, and me on guitar. We used to play just like this! You put a big ol' smile on this old timers face.

Oh, before I forget excellent job on this one!
Hi, ol´buddy !:))

been missin ya !:))
good to have ya back ol´zoombie !!

Sublime playing, the way
only U can do !:))

Cheers
Dani
Hey Mario,

You know, it occurred to me from your comments that in a relatively short time, there won't be any of us left who remember B3 trios, Jimmy, Cap'n Jack, Holmes - he had the kickin'-est bass lines in the business - Larry Young and Don Patterson (my biggest influences on the instrument), Dr. Lonnie (who survived all of them and is still going strong; but that getup ... man, way over the top). I remember someone asking Dr. Lonnie Smith what he was a doctor in. He said, "Man, I just made it up. It sounded cool, so I used it!"

Jimmy Smith was great on the instrument, but not so hot as a person (IMHO!!). He referred to other organists as his "pupils." I wonder how Jack McDuff felt when Jimmy referred to him specifically.

Then the instrument went dead for at least 30 years, only to make a huge comeback. I guess we can thank Joey for that. Joey can imitate any and all of the above but, at least to me, has no original voice of his own. Chops galore, but maybe when you can sound like anyone you like, there's no room left to sound like ... yourself!

Anyway, some thoughts on the B3. Thanks for all those wonderful comments buddy.

Dean
© PG Music Forums