PG Music Home
Posted By: LPman Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 11/30/14 06:44 PM
hi again,
I started doing a collaboration, with sweet lady d, she's retired singer. I put as a song in SoundCloud " I am stuck for vocals, collaboration wanted "as my song title.

sweet lady D sings on her phone and she sent me 3 files her singing over my song. She could sing any lyrics or melody she wanted. and this is what she did for my music.

I used Andy GP.sty, Elecrock.sty ,Eletam.sty... and mixed the guitars & bass. I added my own custom piano, which over rides the background music to harmony.

this was the most fun I've had doing a collaboration with another artist I never met... I hope you like it.~ LPM

Listen to Your Lovely Tone ( SweetLady D) by LazyPianoMan

soundcloud
Nice song. This is a good collaboration. Enjoyed.

Charlie
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 11/30/14 07:48 PM
thanks Charlie I much appreciate it.... I hope to do more collaborations with her.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 11/30/14 10:59 PM
interesting idea collaborating via phone. I never woulda thought of that in a million years! But you pulled it off!
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 11/30/14 11:17 PM
Thanks Pat for your post,
yup you have to remove noise from the background that her phone picks up... she's a night owl so there's not that much noise. She brought some warmth I didn't expect to the song.
For the most part, I think the music/melody works. There are some odd things going on harmonically at some points. Lyrics are hard to understand at times, but the melody is catchy. Interesting idea! (the phone collab). Keep posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/01/14 07:10 PM
hi Greg thanks for your post,

the plan was that after she did her singing.... unfinished piano phrases, would be completed. it's a little bit like the piano players being hit by a peashooter.... and stops playing to see who hit him.

the recording file she sent to me, which she made on her phone, were turned into sliced vocal snippets...

I had to leave gaps in the piano phrases so the vocal melody could be applied without being constrained too much. You got a good ear Greg. Thanks for being honest I appreciate that.

I agree it's not truely a finished polished product... but I did get an education on applying foreign vocal ideas through our collaboration. ~ LPM
A phone collab? No, certainly not a polished
production but a very interesting and fun to
listen to concept.

Kinda like the dog that talked -- doesn't matter
what he said just the fact that he could talk!

This has gotta be a one of a kind. Enjoyed
it.

J&B
Posted By: gibson Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/02/14 01:54 PM
"Vocals by phone!" now THAT is a really of the wall idea!

Interesting concept, I really look forward to how this develops.

ALyn
Posted By: MikeK Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/03/14 12:11 AM
I'm still looking for PGMusic to come out with 'VIAB'.... LMAO!

Anyway, this is a fun tune. Very interesting indeed. Never heard it done this way, but it seems to work! smile
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/03/14 07:07 AM
thank you for your post Janice and bud... I try to challenge myself to write my music differently every time... that is if I can
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/03/14 07:15 AM
Gibson.... the song was originally written in a slower tempo... I would have to take her voice and slow it down to the original tempo. To make the adjustments on my keyboard.... sweet ladyD is happy with the results. I would probably have to get a better less noisy, vocal track. which I don't think is going to happen.....
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/03/14 07:37 AM
hi MikeK,

sweet ladyD..... says she's the only person she ever heard of, who sings on a phone.... as a way of collaborating...

first track she made for my song... about half her vocals was used..... I showed her what I did with her vocal track. .. as she was listening to the updated track on her headphones.... she sang and talked between her previous vocals...

writing a song this way.. is little bit strange.... it's like another person jumping into your body and writing this song how they see fit.... it seemed a better idea than just shelving it.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/04/14 04:52 AM
Hi, Lp man !

This is really a nice and
surprising experiment !:))

Take care !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: LPman Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/06/14 04:26 PM
Thank you so much! dani48

I am now experimenting with the software Magix Music Maker. I am trying to see how I can combine the power of BIAB & Magix

I am working now on a song called "Insane" I have a (demo chorus) on my SoundCloud account ~ LazyPianoMan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/06/14 05:47 PM
HI* ...

As everyone has said, an unusual by interesting approach! Yes, she has a real nice voice and it's a good song. With a little touch-up, it should be a real nice product., It's good as is ... just needs a little spit and polish. very nice collab! best to you!

Alan & Di
Posted By: Scott C Re: Your lovely tone (sung by Sweet Lady D) - 12/06/14 06:13 PM
Very interesting song. It is amazing use of available technologies. Enjoyable listen...
© PG Music Forums