PG Music Home
Posted By: LPman Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 01:53 AM
Hi all

After my last song; doing a collaboration
with a retired singer (SweetLady D) who sang
on a mobile phone and sent me vocal files. Song ( Your Lovely Tone):

I had decided to take a bite into developing "User tracks".
I am not yet a professional musician... so I used the library of
a program called "Magix Music Maker." Specifically the style of chillout and
Hiphop at 90 BPM. It is a very limited program by definition of Key & Tempo.
I will not go into the list of flaws associated with this program. Perhaps I
have been spoiled by BIAB. The Song is a mesh between pop/chillout.

Once I finished creating over 150 user tracks with no more than seven sound wave samples per track.
I needed to find what were the best BIAB Stlyes that is compatiable with the user tracks I created.

They were:

ColePlay.sty
ACCNTRY.sty
alanis1.sty
BigAggressiveCountryRock.sty
Blondy1.sty
Campfire.sty
CMPFMS2.sty
Cristina.sty
Evening.sty
Look.sty
MillyPop.sty
PopRock.sty

The User tracks were guitar, drums(challenge), pads, sequences,strings... and very limited vocal tracks.
The idea was a lot of work which I don't intend to do again for one song!

But I did want a better understanding, how to develop a "hook for a song"

I hope you enjoy the song! It's called; "Insane ( I feel it in my head )"

Thanks ~LPM

soundcloud
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 02:40 AM
Hi LPM,

Wow! You've certainly raised BIAB's versatility bar with this song.

For the life of me, I could never come up with a song like this. All I can do is to sit back, close my eyes and admire what I hear. The production is very slick and the presentation says musical competence on all levels. Creating 150 user tracks is an incredible feat!

I'm very impressed with everything about this work.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 10:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi LPM,

Wow! You've certainly raised BIAB's versatility bar with this song.

For the life of me, I could never come up with a song like this. All I can do is to sit back, close my eyes and admire what I hear. The production is very slick and the presentation says musical competence on all levels. Creating 150 user tracks is an incredible feat!

I'm very impressed with everything about this work.

Regards,
Noel

Plus one from me too and I can only add that your mix, arrangement, performance and production is stunningly good. My favorite of yours so far.

Your meticulous work shines through on this one. Great job.

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 10:32 AM
Very cool song. Excellent mix.

Enjoyable listen.
Posted By: boehm Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 12:01 PM
Hi LPM,

great song and good mix.
Do I understand it right that the vocals are samples from Magix Music Maker?

Guenter
Posted By: Scott C Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 12:11 PM
Awesome song. Loved it.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 05:26 PM
This is not the type of music I usually listen to so I'm no expert on it but it sounds great to me! Really interesting production, cool musical changes, great mix. Very cool all the way around! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 07:02 PM
This excellent song shows that with a little imagination BiaB can be used for any genre.

This song is super, excellent mix and vocals.

I'd like to hear more like this.
Posted By: BruceI Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 08:07 PM
Another "wow" for this. There is so much to explore in BIAB - I know there is now such a thing as "user tracks," but as long as I am still finding inspiration in all the pre-defined RealTracks, and inasmuch as I am not a virtuoso on any instrument, I figured I wouldn't be making any. But you've done something amazing with that BIAB feature and a set of "canned" loops (I assume that's what the Magix thing is, Acid loops maybe? I have some of those old Magix loop collections from maybe 10 years ago).

Years ago, when I first got Cakewalk Home Studio (now Sonar), I bought and downloaded zillions of Acid loops and tried to use them to make a few songs. I've used such loops successfully to add things to "standard" songs (like the pedal steel on my song Honky-Tonkin' at the Minibar, but the problem with building a whole song out of loops is structure. Acid loops will follow tempo and key, but building and modifying a song structure is tedious. This is where BIAB excels (flexible structure with styles and variations applied by sections and even bars, not to mention chord progressions). So I gave up on loops for anything but dance music (which I generally don't do).

You've shown how these two approaches can be merged in BIAB thanks to user tracks (and some hard work). Not only a proof-of-concept, but a cool and catchy song to boot! Very ear-catching! Good work!

Thanks,
Bruce
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:14 PM
Thanks Noel96,

I truly appreciate your enthusiasm, but before anyone decides to purchase this product.
Let me say that A-minor, A#major, C-Major, D-Minor, E-Minor, F-Major, and G-Major are
the only Chords available with this product. It good for "Candy Music" perhaps more when merging it
to BIAB.

I am glad you enjoyed the song... but this product by "Magix" has serious limitation!

Yes, it was a lot of work, but I hate buying something and not using it!
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:17 PM
Thanks c_fogle

I truly appreciate your enthusiasm, but before anyone decides to purchase this product.
Let me say that A-minor, A#major, C-Major, D-Minor, E-Minor, F-Major, and G-Major are
the only Chords available with this product. It good for "Candy Music" perhaps more when merging it
to BIAB.

I am glad you enjoyed the song... but this product by "Magix" has serious limitation!

Yes, it was a lot of work, but I hate buying something and not using it!

Making the user tracks was easier than you think! Setting up a style with 7 chords is not hard...
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:18 PM
Thanks Scottt709

I glad you liked it smile
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:22 PM
thank you Greg Johnson,

It is "Candy Music"... and I don't listen to it much my self.
But I needed to know can I make a decent hook... and by your
response it was a good try smile
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:31 PM

Yes,boehm

and unless I wish to spend a lot of money more blindly.... perhaps I will get some vocals I will like.

I has more Ooh's and Aah's than any thing else... plus almost have is "Rap" vocals which

I'm not found of smile

But I am glad you liked the song and mix smile
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:37 PM
Hi MarioD,

I luv you pic and you quote, it has so much energy to it.

But, before anyone decides to purchase this product.
the only Chords available with this product...

I truly am touched that you said...
This excellent song shows that with a little imagination BiaB can be used for any genre.

Maybe that statement is accurate... but for me the jury is still out on that!

I really appreciate your post smile
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:45 PM
Hi BruceI

A-minor, A#major, C-Major, D-Minor, E-Minor, F-Major, and G-Major are
the only Chords available with this product. It mostly restricted to "Candy World Songs"

I was wondering in the future can I make BIAB expand on that.... using "Magix" as only a
supplement library via user tracks....

I can tell you its challenging creating Drum user tracks for this products library wave files!

Time will tell...

Ear catchy was what I was going for....
Posted By: LPman Re: Insane ( I feel it in my head ) - 12/13/14 09:47 PM
Hi BruceI

A-minor, A#major, C-Major, D-Minor, E-Minor, F-Major, and G-Major are
the only Chords available with this product. It mostly restricted to "Candy World Songs"

I was wondering in the future can I make BIAB expand on that.... using "Magix" as only a
supplement library via user tracks....

I can tell you its challenging creating Drum user tracks for this products library wave files!

Time will tell...

Ear catchy was what I was going for....
© PG Music Forums