PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/06/15 03:49 PM
Band in a Box is such a remarkable product, it has brought me hours of enjoyment, as well as teaching me more about music than I would have ever learned without it. This song is a tribute to it's creator as well as to all of the people who have had a part in making Band in a Box such an amazing product. The untiring effort they put into always making a remarkable product even better. This song does not do the justice due, but when I saw a tribute to Peter, I had to join in because Band in a Box has opened doors for me, that I would not have had otherwise. I posted this over on the off topic forum under the tune challenge thread started by Don Gaynor, he asked everyone who wanted to do a tribute song to Dr Gannon; this is mine.

I Used the M Bolero style for this one. The bass is 1901 and is native to the style. The piano was replaced with 2111 Sax baritone, The guitars are native to the style and they are Guitar 1=1903, Guitar 2=1902, 2113 Trumpet was added to melody track and 2110 Horn Section to the Soloist Track. I want to thank all of the wonderful people that work at Pg Music, they have been so helpful and kind over the years. Also thanks to everyone on the forum, I have learned a lot over the years from everyone's willingness to share tips and suggestions. Thanks for a great product Pg!

Homage
Posted By: dani48 Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/06/15 04:03 PM
Hi, Robert !:))

A Very nice tune and
a very interesting mix !:))
I like the Bolero style too !!:))

Take care

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/06/15 05:25 PM
Interesting song and I agree with your thoughts about BIAB.

Charlie
Posted By: FredM Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/06/15 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Thanks for a great product Pg!

+1

A kind tribute, and a feel good song!

Fred
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/06/15 07:33 PM
Nice song! Like the feel of it. I think a little reverb could make things sit a little better. I agree BIAB is an incredibly powerful program. It has been a wonderful vehicle for me. Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/07/15 01:43 PM
An interesting effort, Robert.

And a very nice gesture.

And couldn't agree more...

fj
Posted By: dcuny Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/07/15 05:42 PM
Heh. The change from a solo trumpet to horns just about made me jump out of my chair!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/07/15 11:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/08/15 04:13 PM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for making this song, it is a great song and a nice arrangement. On behalf of the PG Team - thanks!

Posted By: rsdean Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/08/15 08:21 PM
Robert,

Cool tribute song - very nicely done.

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Dr Gannon Tribute Song - 01/14/15 07:33 PM
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Interesting song and I agree with your thoughts about BIAB.

Charlie

+1

Nice mix of RTs!
© PG Music Forums