PG Music Home
Posted By: Adrian Stronger Every Day (Stroke Survivor) Video - 03/21/15 02:30 PM
Last year I created an album entirely from Band in a Box by using real soloist tracks as loops and splicing them together to create more melodic melodies, so the resulting track was entirely band in a box with no live playing on it. Some of these tracks I shared last year, this one track was written for my wife who unfortunately suffered a massive stroke March 2014, as it has been a year round and I wanted to show people how with hard work and determination its possible to beat it and also to show my wife just how far she had come I used the track and put together a video. I would like to share it and would urge you to please share it too as my wife really wants to promote awareness of stroke in younger people and to perhaps give hope to anybody suffering as she has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaopDP-pYC4

Thanks
Adrian
Adrian...

that's a beautiful song and an inspiring story!
Having a stroke at such a young age must have scared the daylights out of your poor wife (and you too!)

Based on the photos in your video, it looks like she is making excellent progress...

Toward the end of the video (3:20 marker).. is that you and your wife? If so, you are a good looking couple, and your wife is very pretty!

I hope and pray that things get back to normal for your family at some point.
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Adrian...

that's a beautiful song and an inspiring story!
Having a stroke at such a young age must have scared the daylights out of your poor wife (and you too!)

Based on the photos in your video, it looks like she is making excellent progress...

Toward the end of the video (3:20 marker).. is that you and your wife? If so, you are a good looking couple, and your wife is very pretty!

I hope and pray that things get back to normal for your family at some point.

Hi thanks for the nice comments. It is indeed me in all my glory and i think its a question of my wife making us look good!

Adrian

Hi Adrian

I like your music, is very melodic
While I was listening to it, I played with my guitar

the chords goes well together
the melody is growing and catch me in playing

Best wishes.

Hello
Adrain,

Excellent video and audio track. It is nice to see throughout the video how your wife has been surrounded by love during her rehabilitation and recovery. She has made remarkable progress.
Inspiring video and nice music! What real tracks did you use? Mix sounded very good! Take care. Greg
Inspirational. Wishing you both the best.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Stronger Every Day (Stroke Survivor) Video - 03/21/15 06:34 PM
Hello Adrian,

This truly is an inspirational video.
This song sounds very nice, but like Greg said: what real tracks that you use?

Rob & Anne-Marie
Hi Adrian,

I found the journey through your music and your video incredibly moving. As a documentary on your wife's determination and resilience, it shows an outstanding woman who meets adversity head-on and triumphs: very, very inspirational.

I don't know if you've seen the following video clip. It's from Ted Talks. It's about a neuroscientist who found herself having a massive stroke and was able to study the event first-hand from a scientific perspective. She presents the talk. It's quite amazing.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight#

I wish your wife, you and your family all the very best for the future.

Regards,
Noel

Outstanding!!!
Rob.
Moving and inspirational. Your wife is quite a fighter. It is inspiring and encouraging to see the outstanding progress she has made in just a year. The support and love she is getting is very evident in the photos. This is once where the story outshines the song but this time, that is a good thing. Especially, as well-crafted the song is...

Charlie
An inspiring tribute to your wife. We
wish her the best and hope many others
see it.

J&B
Good job... to you both.

You on documenting this in song and video and to your wife for pressing on and fighting the good fight.
Thank you very much Adrian for posting this and its so nice to see the recovery that your wife is making.

Your video and song could not come at a better time as my sister in law had a bleed on the brain and a stroke nine weeks ago only 47 as well, and is nine weeks in hospital tomorrow. Its been a real roller coaster with so many up and downs, at times thinking we were going to loose her and so many things goings wrong infections etc.

Glad to say she is making very slow progress now but is still bed bound.

Thank you once again for this video and best wishes to you and your wife.

Musiclover
Adrian,

Very inspirational...

Bob
Thank you all for the supportive comments, my wife has fought long and hard, its been a very humbling experience and has put into perspective whats important and whats not.

She is lucky if thats the right word to use as she is surrounded with love and people that love her, before my wife had her stroke we had separated and where living in two houses and looking after the children half a week each, we came back together as my wife couldn't live independently so i took on role as primary care Im glad to say it was the right decision we are now stronger than ever and we support each other through this and we now share a bond many couples will never get.

Musiclover: I wish you sister in-law a speedy recovery, I know first hand just what a roller coaster ride this is with one minuet things looking up another down, all peoples strokes effect them differently so there is not a one size fix but with hard work and love/support it is possible to not only be a survivior but a winner.

My wife was effectively a "head-in-a-bed" for the first few days, then she was moved to a rehabilitation ward where she was still bed bound for a further couple of weeks, then they transferred her some 100 miles away from home to a rehabilitation hospital which was hard as she was away from her friends and family and made for a very exhausting journey for the children each day to visit her. However I remember one day my wife phoning me to say she had just taken 10 steps this at the time seemed a life changing moment as it meant there was hope. She was then able to build on this.

You will find the roller coaster ride gets wild at times you will climb and climb overcoming one challenge only for it to open up 3 others. Stay strong and help her through this, if you ever want/need somebody to talk to about it etc please let me know.

For all who have asked about real tracks etc I will post a detailed outline I have the track was created shortly.

Thanks
Adrian
Adrian,
So young and so much care must be taken in everyday life from now on.
My Mum had a stroke at 50, regained almost full mobility and lived until her late 70's so I know it CAN be done. I am sure you give her as much care as my dear Dad gave Mum, but don't forget yourself.

Good luck and best wishes.

Alyn
Posted By: FredM Re: Stronger Every Day (Stroke Survivor) Video - 03/23/15 09:14 AM
Adrian,
A touching story...
Stay strong

Fred
Good on you Adrian. Stay strong and positive. We're all thinking of you and your challenges.
Remarkable! Thanks for posting this. Cheers.
A great song and an inspirational video.

Bravo!

Wishing you and your wife all the best through this difficult journey you are making.

Thanks for the music,
Dan
© PG Music Forums