PG Music Home
Posted By: Hotjams A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/22/15 04:55 PM
all BIAB were real tracks. Most guitars are BIAB. Used tempo speed up at the end every 4 bars. Worked great, everbody kept time includeing me. :-)

Drix
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/22/15 07:49 PM
Would suggest the lead guitar is mixed too far to one side.
That's only my feeling though.
Would like to hear some lyrics put to this.
Good work.
Rob.
I really like the sound of this! It's at a tempo and feel I really dig.

I see you have licensing options at the top of the page. Have you had any success with that at all?
Posted By: Hotjams Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/22/15 09:10 PM
Rob, thank you for the comments, I will consider them. :-)
Posted By: Hotjams Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/22/15 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I really like the sound of this! It's at a tempo and feel I really dig.

I see you have licensing options at the top of the page. Have you had any success with that at all?

I have not tried to market it yet, but a lot of people responded to it very well on another site. BIAB is an amazing program. It just keeps getting better.
Posted By: FredM Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/23/15 09:26 AM
Hj
My first reaction was...singing ..."almost cut my hair" ☺

Very live sounding! There is a song in this tune...

Grt

Fred
Nice, authentic 60's performance with your panning choices for the guitar keeping the retro feel intact. Good job.

Charlie
Posted By: big741 Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/23/15 09:21 PM
This tune was just what I needed to take my mind off of all of the dental work I had done today. Very nice!

Thanks for the music,
Dan
Posted By: Jeff S Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/24/15 08:11 AM
I'm not sure about channeling Hendrix but you have certainly found Tom Petty in the box. This needs some lyrics or maybe even another melodic instrument to add a bit of interest as the song progresses.

I also think the guitar as mentioned earlier needs to have a little more panning the other side. Not a lot but enough that it catches the other ear a bit as if the amp is just off center If that makes any sense.

Of course your the producer and only you know where you want to go with this and you got a great start. I don't comment a lot on songs because there are more people with a bit more experience than me but I dig this vibe and would like to see where you take this. We need more rock songs in the showcase.
Enjoyed the listen (and, yes, I was there
during the 60's!)

This is an effective well mixed production
for which I would like to see a listing
of the RT's used.

J&B
Posted By: Hotjams Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/24/15 04:17 PM
Originally Posted By: big741
This tune was just what I needed to take my mind off of all of the dental work I had done today. Very nice!

Thanks for the music,
Dan

Thank you Dan.
Posted By: Hotjams Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/24/15 04:18 PM
Dan thanks for the kind words.
Posted By: Hotjams Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/24/15 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Jeff S
I'm not sure about channeling Hendrix but you have certainly found Tom Petty in the box. This needs some lyrics or maybe even another melodic instrument to add a bit of interest as the song progresses.

I also think the guitar as mentioned earlier needs to have a little more panning the other side. Not a lot but enough that it catches the other ear a bit as if the amp is just off center If that makes any sense.

Of course your the producer and only you know where you want to go with this and you got a great start. I don't comment a lot on songs because there are more people with a bit more experience than me but I dig this vibe and would like to see where you take this. We need more rock songs in the showcase.

@Jeff, thanks for the input. I'm working on the lyrics. I will keep consider the suggests as well.
Posted By: Hotjams Re: A Hendrix type vibe to this rock song - 03/24/15 04:21 PM
@Janice and Bud, @ Charlie. Thank you for the kind words.
© PG Music Forums