PG Music Home
Posted By: JCJazz "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/16/15 06:12 PM
It has been awhile but I finally got one ready to share. It is still in early production stage , Just wanted to share to see what you think. Mixing will take care of dynamics. I am Really pumped because I can now record direct with my bass and vocals it seems my issue was a glitch with my art usb and win7, it works grate on win8. sweet candy jam (wip)
Posted By: RichMac Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 04:02 AM
Hi JC. Seems very busy and very long so far.
Will be interesting to see what you end up with. Cheers.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 04:40 AM
Pretty funky number, but not sure where the vocals will fit.

As Rich mentioned, it's pretty full already. You might consider cutting some things back. Sometimes 'less' is 'more'

Looking forward to the next episode though!

Cheers
Trevor
Posted By: JCJazz Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 09:29 AM
Thanks for the input. I kinda just did a quick mix with all instruments up enough to hear . I will try to a better mix in power tracks tonite. The song is going have a Widespread Panic feel to it.This is the 1st song I will be doing with Biab/RB 2015 everythingpak . I am pumped to get into the production and vocal part. I know once I get the 1st one done the rest will be real smooth. thank you PG
Posted By: boehm Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 11:13 AM
Hi Jerry,

this has a nice groove.
As mentioned above it's a little long.
I'd like to know what RTs you used.
Enjoyable listen though.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Jerry,

this has a nice groove.
As mentioned above it's a little long.
I'd like to know what RTs you used.
Enjoyable listen though.

Guenter

+1 to that. Almost an early Stevie Wonder vibe to it...
Posted By: JCJazz Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 04:25 PM
RT2155:Piano, ElectricClav, Rhythm FunkyGroovin70sJohn Ev16 ,BB RealDrums-JazzFunkUrban^1-RDPicS,HHPic , RT674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120 , RT582:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse Ev 120 ('B' , BB RealDrums-JazzFunkUrban^3-RdSdStk,HHPic , BB RealDrums-BossaRockPerc^3-PercOnly , RT583:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues Roadhouse Ev 120 , RT583:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues Roadhouse Ev 120 , RT413:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Train Pickin' Ev 130 ,
Style is _FUNKMED.STY (Funk w. vintage el.piano [100RS])
Posted By: big741 Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 06:29 PM
It sounds like you're off to a good start on this one.
Looking forward to the finished product.

Thanks for the music,
Dan
Posted By: tommyad Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/17/15 07:11 PM
Jerry, very funky. It does have that Stevie vibe. Please post again when you you get further along. It should be a good one. Tom
Posted By: JCJazz Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/20/15 04:47 PM
sweet candy jams remix2 Did a little mixing still more to do, I will prob redo my bass part before I do vocals.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/20/15 04:58 PM
Cool jam!! Has a very live, and somewhat retro feel. Looking forward to the finished product! Take care. Greg
Posted By: JCJazz Re: "Sweet Candy Jam" (wip) unmixed - 04/28/15 05:38 PM
Here is where I am at so far. I still have a lot of mixing and vocal work to and want to improve my bass parts . Sweeet Candy Jam
© PG Music Forums