PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 03:56 AM
I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE (with Floyd Jane)

A collaboration album would not be complete without a contribution from FJ!

Although, I already have Perfect Friends that I can use for the album, Floyd kindly offered to do a version of I Will Always Be Here. Floyd co-wrote this song with me at the beginning of 2013 when I was just starting out on my song-writing journey. I had sent Floyd a very rough version of the song and asked if he would be interested in collaborating with me on it. Floyd agreed and took the time to explain each and every decision made on it. This set me on a straight path with my song writing from then-on out.

The result of our initial collaboration was this most wonderful tribute from parent to child. Floyd recently told me that he had always thought of the song as a sort of “Mum’s song” but after looking at it again, saw that it could just as easily be a “Dad’s song”. Floyd made the wonderful “Grrr” video to go with the song.

Thank you Floyd for all the help you have given me over the last two and half years.

Enjoy! (And comments are always welcome)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 04:49 AM
Hi Joanne and floyd.

This is a fantastic creation and presentation. The video is perfect! The credits at the end made me smile... and I'm still smiling.

... great lyrics, great melody, very tastefully arranged, top notch performance and masterful mix. As Ira Gershwin once wrote, "Who could ask for anything more!" I certainly can't think of anything else smile

It's lots of enthusiastic applause from me.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Boy you two know how to make a hoping-to-get-there-one-day kind of songwriter feel envious!!!

Posted By: Rob4580 Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 06:02 AM
Great mature tones in the vocal.
Excellent collaboration.
Well written and constructed.
Well done both of you.

Rob.
Posted By: RichMac Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 07:11 AM
Ha ha. That video was unexpected. Wonderful light playful touch there.
Floyd's sincere and warm vocal and Josie's harmony round off a skillful write.
Enjoyed everything there. Cheers.
Another great collaboration. There's a lot to like on both the song and video. Enjoyed my listen and watch..

I hope the actors got at least minimum wage for their efforts.

Charlie
I really enjoyed this. Just goes to show that 1+1 in songwriting is always greater than the sum of the two numbers.

Super job, well done, it doesn't get better than that.
Great collab you two!

Man, what a sparkling production.

- STRONG vocal
- That piano sounds fantastic.
- Love the outro
- Engaging lyric

Another "floyd high bar" audio production
and now with a floyd vid.

You got those guys to behave
remarkably well. The rocking chair
rocking is a great touch. Like
Charlie said we hope they got at
least union scale.

WTG floyd and Joanne!

J&B
Posted By: boehm Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 12:52 PM
Hi Joanne and Floyd,

Noel has nailed it: "... great lyrics, great melody, very tastefully arranged, top notch performance and masterful mix."
Joanne, I wanted to compare with the original but in the PG list of songs there is only one song of yours listed.
It can't be found on soundcloud and the video on youtube is blocked in Germany.

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 02:29 PM
Joanne and floyd, Another great song. My favorite part is the bridge. It just works so well. Great vocal and mix as usual. An unexpected surprise with floyd entering the video realm. Nice job. Tom
Just a quick note, for those of you not in Germany and are interested in comparing the two versions, the original is available here

Original version of I will always be here on Youtube

(I have send Guenter a copy of the original).
I remember that original video..... I liked it then I like it now.
Posted By: RnAM Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 05:40 PM
Beautifully done!
We especially like the bridge, cool singing line and the string quartet works very nice.

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: rsdean Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 07:44 PM
Joanne / Floyd,

This is excellent - love the song and video. Great stuff...

Bob
Posted By: Sundance Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/28/15 11:32 PM
What a wonderfully brilliant idea for the video - it emotionally pulls you into the song on so many levels.

Also sounds terrific.

Love it.

Josie
Posted By: dcuny Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/29/15 12:27 AM
Sounds great - well sung, and a nice choice of instruments. I especially liked the piano, and the cello.
Posted By: FredM Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/29/15 06:56 AM
Hi Joanne and Floyd,

Such strong lyrics! I promise you I will be there... allways! This is honest, straightforward, and a real support to the one who receives the message!

Floyd, your production respected and even amplified this feeling.

Hats off for you both!

Fred
Joanne - it has been a joy to watch you grow and develop in the time that you have been a member of this forum. It has been a remarkable journey - and just gets better all the time...

Noel - thanks for all that. Always happy to give you a smile... smile

Rob - thanks for listening.

Richard - Like to surprise you once in a while - especially you...
When the collab thing was going on, I knew it was only a matter of time before the FJ collab was posted. Really sweet song, and Floyd was the perfect one to deliver it. Beautifully put together!! And the string part during "the credits" was very sweet as well. Another great collab!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: big741 Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/29/15 06:59 PM
I really enjoyed this number.

Loved the video, and I thought the strings were a really nice touch, too.

Thanks for the music,
Dan
Nice sound, nice lyrics. Wonderful, uplifting song. The "Floyd" version works good for Father's Day and Joanne's version would be a nice play to have on the playlist on Mother's Day.
Posted By: gibson Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 04/30/15 04:17 AM
What a combination floyd and Joanne.

This song has the floyd expertise written all over it

As Jim Fogle said
Quote:
The "Floyd" version works good for Father's Day and Joanne's version would be a nice play to have on the playlist on Mother's Day.
I agree

Wonderful

Alyn
Charlie - Thanks. The actors were paid in hugs. There's a department here that handles that...

Herb - thanks

J&B - appreciate all that. it's almost unfortunate having the video because I think most will "miss" the outro as a part of the song. It was intended to give a final "surprise" to the production (which it did as plain audio) but with the video it seems to have been added to simply cover the credits... and I had been wanting to add a quartet outro to a song for a long time...

Guenter - Thanks. Always appreciate your support...
Tom - Thanks. I'm not really a video-kind-of-guy.... but Grr was bugging me to put him in a movie...

RnAM - thanks, guys...

Bob - we thank ya...

Josie - really appreciate that coming from you - ('cause you ARE a video-kind-of-girl...)
David - thanks. The piano is the one I seem to use all the time for ALL kinds of stuff - The New Age MIDI SuperTrack... and you can NEVER go wrong with that cello.

Fred - thanks - appreciate it - time for a new one from you?...

Greg - thanks. Those strings at the end were actually how I originally ended the song (before deciding to do the video).

Dan - thanks for coming by for a listen...

Jim - appreciate you dropping in..
Alyn - nice of you to say... we appreciate it...
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 05/03/15 02:46 PM
Nice job on this...

I think the video did a better than average job of depicting the song. You obviously put some thought into how each scene should be framed and which parts of the song should be depicted visually. As an adult male the cuteness factor of the stuffed bears was a little bit hard to watch, but given the message in the song, I'd have to say that a sentimental video remained consistent with the mood of the song. You are a born communicator, Floyd... this video tells me that you have an intuition about the best way to present info to an audience, be it audio or video. I strongly encourage you to consider honing that talent by making more videos.

Considering the impact that one viral video can have, putting your songs on youtube with clever video interpretations could be a game changer.

Or not. I'm just thinking out loud here. And I know we've already had that conversation.
Posted By: PatrickH Re: I will always be here (with Floyd Jane) - 05/04/15 09:04 PM
Great write, performance, arrangement and video production. +1 to what everyone else is saying about it.
Thanks, Pat... yeah, I understand the whole video-more-exposure thing... but... It is time consuming. I'd rather spend that time writing and producing. The video was fun to do (cats, not bears smile ) but I don't have the equipment for it... that was a cheap hand-held video camera that you can't see anything in the 2" view screen - so it was all a guess. I just thought of a scene, got the actors set and one take we were done...

Patrick - nice to see you around again... thanks for dropping by...
© PG Music Forums