PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD things are calming down - 05/13/15 12:53 PM

Things are finally starting to calm down here. After four wakes, three funerals, my wife's breast cancer and my aunt and cousin getting out of the hospital I am starting to breathe again! All of this in less than 3 months!

My wife only needs radiation and no chemo so that is great news for us. I will take her once a day for 6.5 weeks to get said radiation but that is in the morning. Treatments starts next week.

Right now I am playing catch up on yard, swimming pool and deck work.

During this time I have done a couple of quick and dirty covers songs, my therapy, and one new original with JonD. BUT I will not upload it until after I listen to some of songs posted here.

I want to thank you all, y'all for my southern USA friends, for your prayers and especially the PMs I received from a number of my forum friends. May God bless all of you.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: things are calming down - 05/13/15 08:46 PM
You are due some time to get back on track and for things to become more normal again. Very happy for your wife's prognosis and know that life getting back to a normal level is good medicine in itself.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing you here on the forum more often.

Charlie
Posted By: boehm Re: things are calming down - 05/13/15 09:18 PM
Hi Mario,

"Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing you here on the forum more often."

Guenter
Posted By: RnAM Re: things are calming down - 05/14/15 04:53 AM
We're glad you're back and that your wife only needs radiation. The next few weeks will not be easy though. We hope she'll get well soon!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: things are calming down - 05/14/15 09:11 AM
Good to hear that things are calming down, Mario. All the best wishes for your wife's treatment!

Sometimes life hit us hard – most of us seek for the predictable aspect in our own lives, for family, friends and the ones we hold close – though, life shows its strength towards the shadow of death.

Mario, you said:
"During this time I have done a couple of quick and dirty covers songs, my therapy, and one new original with JonD. BUT I will not upload it until after I listen to some of songs posted here."

Music is definitely THERAPY! I can' live without it. Practicing or playing gigs/concerts – it's been my life since I was a child, and I'm too old to stop now! ;-)

Love the process from a small idea to a new song, from one single note to a whole symphony. To create something unpredictable, surprise myself and others. So thankful to BIAB and Peter Gannon for making this great software. It makes my dreams and ideas come true.

And I really dig this forum where fellow music lovers share their music, dreams and LIFE! From small ideas to really GREAT music!

So, Mario – I look forward to hear your "quick and dirty covers songs" and also the "new original with JonD".

– We all have to play dirty, play bad and even play wrong notes to make the MUSIC really shine!
In the deepest pits of life, I've seen people rise for the occasion and make their lives performance of MUSIC and LIFE!

And I believe that the BEST MUSIC still is ahead of us!

So, keep on writing new songs, Mario!

Bad language may occur – hopefully you see the philosophic aspect I try to lift up!

Take care!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: things are calming down - 05/14/15 11:33 AM
Looking forward to what's to come, Mario.

Is one of them going to be called "Things Are Calming Down"?

good title...

smile

Wishing you the best..

floyd
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: things are calming down - 05/14/15 01:02 PM
Welcome back Mario!! Glad to see you back on the forum. Enjoyed your covers!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PatrickH Re: things are calming down - 05/14/15 11:26 PM
Mario, I had been away awhile but for less urgent reasons. I am glad to hear you chime in and hope you and family get some smooth sailing going forward! Welcome back and all the best to you. Patrick
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: things are calming down - 05/15/15 03:13 AM
Welcome back Mario. I am looking forward to listening to your own special brand of instrumentals.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: things are calming down - 05/15/15 10:45 AM
Your trials have never been far from our thoughts. Things are improving and will keep heading in that direction we sure hope

Trev
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: things are calming down - 05/15/15 06:15 PM
Janice and I can completely sympathize with your situation -- trust me on that.

Glad things are moving in a better direction. We have missed your
contributions.

Take care,

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: things are calming down - 05/16/15 09:52 AM
molsenhouse you have a PM.
Posted By: olemon Re: things are calming down - 05/16/15 10:07 AM
Oh my, Mario. Sending positive vibes your way, for all y'all.
© PG Music Forums