PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. trippy jive - 06/07/15 06:34 PM
hi guys its been a while since I posted working on this one thanks for listening and comments if every goes well I will be retired in two years and have more time for this that's if the well don't go dry all real tracks except guitar thanks eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/trippy-jive RealTracks in style: ~~902:Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 1997:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100
RealTracks in song: 912:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothPoppy Ev16 090
RealTracks in song: 2008:Fiddle, Soloist CountryWorkinRob Ev16 090
RealDrums in style: SmoothJazzCoolSw16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: trippy jive - 06/07/15 09:52 PM
Well, it may have been awhile since you posted but you came back strong. This is a good one and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the fiddle worked well in the mix and the guitar tone was as sharp as ever.

Charlie
Posted By: Noel96 Re: trippy jive - 06/07/15 11:32 PM
Hi Eric,

I agree with Charlie. This is a terrific listen. You have a natural flair for this style and sound! I was fascinated by the country fiddle and how it melded so well with the smooth jazz backing. It was testimony to how important the backing is when it comes to highlighting musical character in a solo.

All the best,
Noel

Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: trippy jive - 06/08/15 01:32 AM
Sweet tune!! Somewhere between latin and smooth jazz (Smoothlatin I guess!) Very interesting the way you integrated the fiddle into it-worked well from my perspective. Really loved it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: trippy jive - 06/08/15 04:08 AM
Another great tune.
Thanks for sharing,
Rob
Posted By: CeeBee Re: trippy jive - 06/08/15 05:21 AM
Mr. Guitar Tone does it again grin
The fiddle came in as a surprise, but it works well, nice listen.
Posted By: boehm Re: trippy jive - 06/08/15 10:48 AM
Hi Eric,
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Well, it may have been awhile since you posted but you came back strong. This is a good one and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the fiddle worked well in the mix and the guitar tone was as sharp as ever.

+1 I couldn't say it better.

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: trippy jive - 06/08/15 12:50 PM
Eric, I finally figured out who you remind of. Hiram Bullock. Great tone and melodically this is one of your strongest posts. The mix sounds great and your playing and touch is really nice. Not sure about the ending though. Tom
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: trippy jive - 06/21/15 11:55 AM
hi guys thanks for the kind words and taking time to listen eric
Posted By: dani48 Re: trippy jive - 06/21/15 12:21 PM
Hi, Eric !

Noone writes and plays these
smooth jazzy tunes like you !
I have always loved and will
always love your tunes, this is
no exception !

Let your pension days arrive fast so that
you´ll get even more time to astonish us
with your wonderful music !!!!!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: trippy jive - 06/21/15 02:30 PM
I noticed a couple of RTs containing the words "smooth" and "cool". I think that pretty much describes this!! Very interesting the way the fiddle comes in-very unusual but it works beautifully. Very fluid and sweet guitar work!! Really enjoyed this! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: trippy jive - 06/21/15 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sweet tune!! Somewhere between latin and smooth jazz (Smoothlatin I guess!) Very interesting the way you integrated the fiddle into it-worked well from my perspective. Really loved it!! Take care. Greg

Greg nailed my thoughts on this. Loved your
signature playing and tone and, yup, the fiddle
worked amazingly well.

Great listen!

J&B
© PG Music Forums