1761 acoustic strumming pop guitar
real drums rockbrit driving ev16

I played the solo line with Stratocaster High.1

I hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/time-goes-by

Hello.
Posted By: map_collector Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 09:24 AM
Sergio,

It was beautifully done. Really well written, and great job on the guitar as well. My only comment was the transition to the Piano solo was quite sudden (although it built up nicely back to to the tune). I liked the piano part so I would leave it in... but two suggestions, maybe you could build to a bigger peak just before the piano part - your guitar goes down and finishes the phrase - maybe it could go up to a tonic (or even to a 6th or 7th instead of the tonic) and crescendo in the bar before to make it more of a tension/release. Also maybe If you had a similar piano intro at the beginning the listener would be aurally prepared for it.

Really Beautiful!

Note: take any of my comments with a grain of salt - I'm about as amateur musician as you can get.

Bart
Posted By: tommyad Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 09:32 AM
Sergio, I like it. It was well conceived and very well played. I did hear distortion on the recorded guitar part. The other tracks seem clear, so I think the gain on your mic preamp may have been a little hot. Overall nicely done. Tom
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 06:01 PM
hi Bart
your technical analysis is great. In effect the piano part
came too fast; every time I listen to the music I note this particular.

Sometimes I make music so a little rushed leaving out important details, also because my music is not written but the result of repeated improvisations.

Sometimes I think I do not know how to play anymore after that time has passed.

However, I'm glad you enjoyed the music and thanks for your comment.

Hello.
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 06:14 PM
Hi Tom

it's me. I always want to try with more or less distortion but not always it's the better effect. It is my fault.
If I don't try distortion, I'm not well!!

the first version I uploaded had a big distortion; I corrected it and this is the result.

I used Amplitube 3 for playing; so is not a mic preamp problem.
The effects used were a lot hard.

However it is not too bad.

thanks for your comment.
Hello.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 09:18 PM
Nice tune and I enjoyed the melody a lot. Another fine post from you.

Charlie
Posted By: PatrickH Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 10:53 PM
Sergio, very nice. I like the sudden drop into the piano section. I felt it was effective. You may be able to take into account the suggestions on how it might be tweaked. But, it was refreshing when it hit. Nicely done.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Time goes by - 06/14/15 11:31 PM
Very pretty music!! I saw the comment on the piano solo transition and I saw the "footprint" on the wave file. It could be smoothed, but the piano solo is nice, as is everything about the tune and the expressive guitar playing. Nice!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: gibson Re: Time goes by - 06/15/15 03:40 AM
Sergio,

I read the other comments after I listened to the song and agree with them but, and a big but, what an enjoyable listen!!

nice guitar playing as usual.

A good way to start this sunny day

Alyn
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Time goes by - 06/15/15 09:18 AM
Sergio,

Some nice smooth playing in that. There are already plenty of good suggestions in the thread. So I'll just say - I enjoyed it.

floyd
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Time goes by - 06/15/15 09:23 AM
Sergio. Another great work from you.
Thanks for sharing.
Rob
Posted By: Icelander Re: Time goes by - 06/16/15 11:29 PM
I think the simplest way to deal with that piano solo, without changing the solo itself, is a drum fill at the end of the bar just before the solo kicks in. So try put a part marker on the bar where the solo starts and re-render the drums, that should do the trick.

On the other hand, when it comes to music, there's always something to be said for the element of surprise wink
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Time goes by - 06/17/15 10:45 AM
Hi Sergio, I liked the melody line, one more suggestion: such beautiful melody deserves to be brought to the front a little more, sometimes it gets lost in the background, at least that's how I get it on my headphones.

Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Time goes by - 06/19/15 10:56 PM
Such a pretty and soulful melody. Cool arrangement. Love the build after the piano coming back into the guitar. Much enjoyed.
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Time goes by - 06/21/15 08:02 PM
Hello Mike

I used amplitube 3 with the following settings:

LIVE JTM setup
bass 4
middle 5
treble 5
presence 5
gain 6
volume 7
in the pedals set up there was:
wah and fuzz that gave me a lot of vibration by
playing the sixth string

this is the reason for which the melody did not stand out.

thanks for your posts always welcome to me.
Hello
Posted By: Scott C Re: Time goes by - 06/24/15 04:25 PM
Very nice tune.Excellent guitar work
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Time goes by - 06/24/15 06:32 PM
Beautiful melody and pretty playing.

We enjoyed our listen. Perhaps a hold
or shot bar before the piano would work.

Nice!

J&B
© PG Music Forums