PG Music Home
Posted By: JCJazz Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/21/15 05:00 PM
I still have to write the rest of the lyrics and rewrite those I have , But I would love to get some input Everything is RB/BB instruments'except the bass that is me along with me on vocals. I still have lots of production work to do . song inspired by my wife being on an 8wk trip to Germany at the moment . https://soundcloud.com/karlssohnproduction/dortheas-traveling-blues I am also in the process of discovering my vocal sweet spot I think this song is very close to how I want to sing.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/21/15 05:15 PM
Cool track!! Very soulful and heartfelt. Your vocal style is good but you can get a bit pitchy at times. People vary in their approval of pitch correction software but it's worth thinking about. Enjoyed the track! Take care. Greg
Posted By: boehm Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/22/15 11:29 AM
Hi Gerald,

nice blues. I'd push up the bass, especially as you play
it yourself. The drums could come up, too.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/22/15 03:45 PM
I liked this a lot. Good song and production.

Charlie
Posted By: JCJazz Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/27/15 11:34 PM
thanks My wife is in Schweinfurt Germay visiting her family and that was my inspiration to write this song 2wks ago.
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/30/15 01:16 AM
The blues is always cool with me. I liked the song.

Hope to hear more from you.

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: Al-David Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/30/15 03:51 AM
HI Gerald ...

Nice little Blues! We agree with everyone who suggested turning up the bass & drums. Let them drive the song. We think the vocal pocket is fine. We enjoyed our listen ...

Alan & Di

PS: I (Alana) lived in Germany almost 12 years. I was fairly near Schweinfurt for almost 3 years (Wurzburg). I was further south the other 8 years (Einsiedlerhof and Pirmasens ... near the French border.
Posted By: big741 Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/30/15 06:58 PM
A fine blues track you made here.

I too, would like to hear more drums and bass.

Thanks for the music,
Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 07/31/15 04:57 PM
Super Blues!

I agree about bringing up the drums and especially the bass.

I also agree about the vocals being pitchy in spots. A touch here and there with pitch correction would help. Just don't pitch correct everything and don't necessarily pitch correct the few notes that need it to perfect pitch. Having some a few cents off adds to the realism of pitch correction IMHO.

You do have a great start here.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 08/22/15 08:19 PM
Karls,

As others have said, the bass is way to low and the drums are a little low. Regarding your vocal I listened more to the recorded sound than pitch. I'm not sure what you're hearing or hunting for but, yes, I agree it's close to what most would want as a vocal for a blues song. Excellent editing and production on the backing tracks.
Posted By: JCJazz Re: Dorthea's Traveling Blues - 09/02/15 12:23 PM
Thank you so much for all the input. I have to redo the vocals they where made up on the spot that is why I repeat both verses at end. I have been real busy since she got home I hope to get to work on it this weekend alittle. again thank you so much for the kind words and input
© PG Music Forums