PG Music Home
Posted By: PeterF Angelina - 09/23/15 06:29 AM
Angelina
https://soundcloud.com/peterf1957/angelina
Here’s something I prepared earlier (updated an old song with some real tracks).
I think it works ok – but I’ve never been quite satisfied with it. Any feedback appreciated.
Leon Vocal & Lyric
Me – Harmonica backing vocals & various guitars.
RealTracks in style: ~~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~~406:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 136
RealTracks in song: ~621:Pedal Steel, Background Easy Ev 136
RealDrums in style: RockRootsEv8^1-a:Snare, Open HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Also for people interested in Muvizu animation for their songs here is an abridged version of Hard Hearted Woman – The Video
https://youtu.be/KTqfY82_bOk
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Angelina - 09/23/15 09:02 AM
Very nice sounding intro with that guitar work. I think it all worked out just fine on this one. Good playing and performance. If you are still working on it, maybe look at the dynamics a bit. The backing is the same volume and "fullness" all the way through. Mighty fine lead break stuff.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Angelina - 09/23/15 09:39 AM
This is a nice song and I really enjoyed the guitars you did. I agree with Kevin about the dynamics but to me, the mixture of live guitars and that fullness of the backing dynamics gave the song a very 'live' feel that I liked. Throughout the song, there were small articulations in the playing and vocals that really gave the performance some great character.

I will be listening some more and taking notes. Whether by accident or intent, in your mix, you've brought out new aspects of BIAB and created one of the best live sounds from the program that I've heard. This is different and I like it.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Angelina - 09/23/15 10:53 AM
Peter,

I listened a few times - and enjoyed it!

It has a nice Pure-Prairie-League-feel throughout. Comfortable, flowing Country-Rock... nice job on the harmonica! and guitars...

The one thing that "caught my attention" was that the drums were mighty busy (a lot of part markers?). I think, for this type song, a simpler, more subtle drum track would work better. Just an opinion, though...

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Angelina - 09/23/15 11:52 AM
Hi Peter,

nice instrumentation and vocal
performance.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Angelina - 09/23/15 06:47 PM
It has a nice Pure-Prairie-League-feel throughout. Comfortable, flowing Country-Rock... nice job on the harmonica! and guitars...

I think Floyd said it right! This is really nice, "comfortable"- draws you in just feels good. Really like the natural vocal style you have. Great job on this!! Take care, Greg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Angelina - 09/24/15 08:32 AM
Peter, I really liked the lyrics, almost comical in some ways. The Harmonica fitted in there really well, perfect actually. Nice playing and nice overall job.

Trev
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Angelina - 09/24/15 10:03 AM
Nicely done Peter. You've done a great job on the mix.
Rob
Posted By: PeterF Re: Angelina - 09/24/15 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter,

I listened a few times - and enjoyed it!

The one thing that "caught my attention" was that the drums were mighty busy (a lot of part markers?). I think, for this type song, a simpler, more subtle drum track would work better. Just an opinion, though...

floyd

Floyd thanks - I checked the Part Markers and there were quite a few! I'll play around with the drums and see how it sounds.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Angelina - 09/24/15 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is a nice song and I really enjoyed the guitars you did. I agree with Kevin about the dynamics but to me, the mixture of live guitars and that fullness of the backing dynamics gave the song a very 'live' feel that I liked. Throughout the song, there were small articulations in the playing and vocals that really gave the performance some great character.

I will be listening some more and taking notes. Whether by accident or intent, in your mix, you've brought out new aspects of BIAB and created one of the best live sounds from the program that I've heard. This is different and I like it.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Charlie
Not sure what I did there (by accident sounds about right) but glad you liked it.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Angelina - 09/24/15 09:41 PM
very cool sound. I especially enjoyed your harmonica work

nice writing too!
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Angelina - 09/25/15 04:17 PM
Hello,

good song, very enjoyable.
I like your voice. Great country voice.
Great guitar solo too.

Hello.
Sergio
Posted By: PeterF Re: Angelina - 09/26/15 05:39 AM
Thanks for all the comments - I've made a few tweaks in my remix - drummer has been told to calm down and I think it's sounding better.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Angelina - 09/26/15 09:07 AM
Peter, I dig the live vibe. The guitars sound great and the vocals are very nice. Nice production. I enjoyed it. Tom
© PG Music Forums