Till the money’s gone
We’ll stay drunk enough to forget
What’s right or wrong

But we robbed a bank in Canton
Shot a man who blocked our path
And I’m sure the cameras caught us
And we won’t escape the wrath
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/08/15 04:47 PM
Too much good stuff to hit all of it!! This is spectacular. I'm a huge fan of this theme in movies (A simple plan, Fargo, Carlito's way, etc., etc,). You've captured it so well in song form. Love the sparse arrangement with the strings, and the vocal delivery is perfect, as is the tremolo electric. Beautifully done Kenny!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/08/15 06:20 PM
"From the trailer thrash trap"

Now there's an alliteration that works!

One line out of many, many strong ones.

This tune should be rolling with the credits
on an episode from one of the good cable
series.

Everything worked for us!

J&B
Posted By: RichMac Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/08/15 06:47 PM
Great! The lyrics are fantastic and the delivery is just right.
Agree would make a rock anthem for a movie. Can almost see the movie. Desperado's head for Vegas. Never make it . Die in the desert. Cheers.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/08/15 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Too much good stuff to hit all of it!! This is spectacular. I'm a huge fan of this theme in movies (A simple plan, Fargo, Carlito's way, etc., etc,). You've captured it so well in song form. Love the sparse arrangement with the strings, and the vocal delivery is perfect, as is the tremolo electric. Beautifully done Kenny!! Take care. Greg

Thank you so much Greg, it's mutual, I really enjoy your songs as well, man I love Fargo, the movie and the first season series. I recorded this last year as a medium rocker and thought it could be better as a reflective type ballad. People have told me that they hear Springsteen or Mellencamp, but I'm probably just as influenced by Mark Knopfler. The Shrangri-La album was a particular favorite.
Thanks
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/08/15 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"From the trailer thrash trap"

Now there's an alliteration that works!

One line out of many, many strong ones.

This tune should be rolling with the credits
on an episode from one of the good cable
series.

Everything worked for us!

J&B

"trailer trash trap" sounds offensive doesn't it, but makes for fun alliteration! I'd be in hog-heaven if this were to be played during the credits of anything, thanks to both of you, look forward to your next posting.
Kenny
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/08/15 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Great! The lyrics are fantastic and the delivery is just right.
Agree would make a rock anthem for a movie. Can almost see the movie. Desperado's head for Vegas. Never make it . Die in the desert. Cheers.

Thank you so much for the kind words.
Kenny
Posted By: gibson Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 12:11 AM
Kenny,

I had to listen to this for 2 reasons as my son is in Vegas at the moment and I also like your songs.
The arrangement and mix is wonderful and I see Mark Knopfler's influence but this is all you...excellent

A big +1 to all the other posters comments

enjoyed this a lot

Alyn
Posted By: SRP Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 12:31 AM
I like the piano and the rest of the band. Your vocals keep the mood of the song.
Sonny
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 12:42 AM
Hi Kenny,

You had me as soon as I read the title! I immediately thought "what a great topic for a song"

Everybody wants to find a universal theme that people identify with on at least some level, and this song's lyrics are a virtual collection of such themes...

How many literary or movie plots are based on the desire to come up with a plan to change one's own destiny, to rise up from a difficult situation... ?

or even apart from all that... I think everybody has fantasized about going to vegas and partying until the money is gone! But most of us never do, so a song that lets us do it vicariously through your tragic character satisfies some part of that yearning in us.

I like your stylized vocals... they are quite distinctive, and that's a good thing.

Total agreement with all the other observations, particularly Greg's. He has a way of making the same observations I would make, but he always beats me and says them first! wink

I haven't been very active on the forum lately, so this may be the first of your songs that I've heard... but now I look forward to hearing more!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 02:10 AM
Great Dylan like tune.
Very well done. Rob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 10:31 AM
Kenny, I am quickly becoming a big fan of your work. Really cool write with an effective delivery. I thought the tremolo solo could have been louder. You make little movie songs. So glad you showed up! Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 12:10 PM
Hi Kenny,

great lyrics and performance.
I enjoyed my listen as I did with your
other songs.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 04:18 PM
Kenny,

I love the way you put instruments together for just the perfect sound. The piano and acoustic...the addition of strings..and the tremolo guitar - each coming at the perfect time to make you sit up and take notice...

I love the way you write.
"All we wanted was a chance
Like anybody would"

Such a perfect line.

Love the way you sing. Pure heart...

This is wonderful.

floyd
Posted By: Sundance Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/09/15 09:56 PM
Kenny,
Very modern emotional approach with both the lyrics and the vocal treatment coupled with an arrangement I wasn't expecting that really gives the song it's own unique identity. One of your best.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/10/15 06:05 PM
Very good write. And great choice of Realtracks!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/10/15 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Kenny,

I had to listen to this for 2 reasons as my son is in Vegas at the moment and I also like your songs.
The arrangement and mix is wonderful and I see Mark Knopfler's influence but this is all you...excellent

A big +1 to all the other posters comments

enjoyed this a lot

Alyn

Thanks Alyn, those are very kind words.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/10/15 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hi Kenny,

You had me as soon as I read the title! I immediately thought "what a great topic for a song"

Everybody wants to find a universal theme that people identify with on at least some level, and this song's lyrics are a virtual collection of such themes...

How many literary or movie plots are based on the desire to come up with a plan to change one's own destiny, to rise up from a difficult situation... ?

or even apart from all that... I think everybody has fantasized about going to vegas and partying until the money is gone! But most of us never do, so a song that lets us do it vicariously through your tragic character satisfies some part of that yearning in us.

I like your stylized vocals... they are quite distinctive, and that's a good thing.

Total agreement with all the other observations, particularly Greg's. He has a way of making the same observations I would make, but he always beats me and says them first! wink

I haven't been very active on the forum lately, so this may be the first of your songs that I've heard... but now I look forward to hearing more!

Pat, thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate what you have to say here, means a lot to me.
Kenny
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/10/15 11:12 PM
Thanks to all for taking the time to listen and comment and for all the kind and encouraging words. Great community here.

Kenny
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Vegas Till The Money's Gone - 10/11/15 04:45 AM
Hi Kenny,

Fantastic! This is songwriting and song-performing in the hands of a person who knows what they're doing. I enjoyed everything.

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums