or should we take the bigger chance
'cause there’s always an exception to the rule

Drums: Nashville Skip
Bass: Midi C_ Yokem
Organ: Midi C_ Yokem
Guitar: 1696 Electric
Solo: 1171 Brent Mason
Harmonies: floyd jane
I love it!! Great attitude, great rock feel, and some playfulness about a serious subject. Reminds me a little of Red Neck Friend by Jackson Browne. Guitar is perfect. Really clever and fun stuff. Kenny + Floyd = YEAH!!! Great one guys! Take care. Greg
This was fun to work on...
Kenny and floyd,

That RAWKS!

Needed Brent at the end, from 2.55 onwards IMHO but I enjoyed that a lot.

The lyrics flowed well

great stuff
Alyn
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I love it!! Great attitude, great rock feel, and some playfulness about a serious subject. Reminds me a little of Red Neck Friend by Jackson Browne. Guitar is perfect. Really clever and fun stuff. Kenny + Floyd = YEAH!!! Great one guys! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg, always appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. Love me some classic Jackson Browne, I believe I told floyd that I had Jackson's Road and the Sky kind of in mind at the start and then found these Dwight Yokum midi files.
Kenny
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
This was fun to work on...

What a pleasure it is for me, you definitely made this song better and added very nice harmonies! This was a blast!

Kenny
Originally Posted By: gibson
Kenny and floyd,

That RAWKS!

Needed Brent at the end, from 2.55 onwards IMHO but I enjoyed that a lot.

The lyrics flowed well

great stuff
Alyn

Thanks Alyn,
I just loved the sound of the chords at the end but it's a really good idea, I may go back and play some short bursts of lead guitar at that point in between the chords, thanks for the input and kind words.
Kenny
HI Guys.

Great driving sound and excellent vocals and harmonies.

Sounds good on the monitors, but the stereo panning was a bit aggressive for my taste when listening on the phones. Floyd - you'll have heard me say this a few times? Kenny - the lead guitar inserts sound like a good idea.

Great mix - sounds good LOUD.

ROG.
Good one guys. Upbeat and toe tapping.
Rob
Hi Kenny and floyd,

Well that woke me up! I really enjoyed the groove of this one.. up-beat, toe tapping and 100% engaging. It's a credit to both of you. I don't know who did what but it all worked for me.

My favourite line was "I've been burned by blue eyed cool". Maybe it's because of the chemist in me but that phrase created the image of a blue flames flashing from a woman's glare! That's never happened in any song I've listened to before.

Overall... excellent work!

All the best,
Noel
Hi Kenny,

that really rocks. Floyd's harmonies add a lot.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter
You guys did a good job of making me tap my foot. I always like a good rocker. Enjoyed and it was a great listen!
Sonny
Originally Posted By: ROG
HI Guys.

Great driving sound and excellent vocals and harmonies.

Sounds good on the monitors, but the stereo panning was a bit aggressive for my taste when listening on the phones. Floyd - you'll have heard me say this a few times? Kenny - the lead guitar inserts sound like a good idea.

Great mix - sounds good LOUD.

ROG.

Thanks ROG,
appreciate the encouraging words, the aggressive stereo panning is my fault and I don't understand just what I've done, maybe the rhythm guitar was too hard left, everything else was subtle degrees from center. I know you know you your stuff and appreciate your input and advice.
Kenny
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Good one guys. Upbeat and toe tapping.
Rob

Rob, my man, thanks for the kind words and support!
Kenny
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Kenny and floyd,

Well that woke me up! I really enjoyed the groove of this one.. up-beat, toe tapping and 100% engaging. It's a credit to both of you. I don't know who did what but it all worked for me.

My favourite line was "I've been burned by blue eyed cool". Maybe it's because of the chemist in me but that phrase created the image of a blue flames flashing from a woman's glare! That's never happened in any song I've listened to before.

Overall... excellent work!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel,
I'm a guy who collects phrases, I might have have heard blue eyed cool spoken on a podcast months ago, it was on my ipad notes screen for a while, love it when I go back and find something that I can use in a song. Thanks for the kind words.
Kenny
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Kenny,

that really rocks. Floyd's harmonies add a lot.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter,
I was so happy when Floyd offered to do the harmonies, made my day!

Kenny
Originally Posted By: SRP
You guys did a good job of making me tap my foot. I always like a good rocker. Enjoyed and it was a great listen!
Sonny

Thanks Sonny,

Can't go wrong with that barroom rockin' beat!
Kenny
Love the country twang Kenny. This all comes together for very enjoyable listening. Cheers.
Loved it right from the git go!

Its all been said so as an exception to the rule I will not repeat it but I do agree with the others.

You both should be very proud of this one.

{edit} I forgot to add this: PS - this is your best to date IMHO
Hey Guys, That is one cool sounding country rocker. Great hook! Nice harmonies floyd. The organ is killer. There are some really useful midi tracks if you dig for them and this proves it. Good write with some cool lines. Tom
We're down with Noel on "I've been burned by blue eyed cool" being
our favorite line. Had to start it over after I heard that line right from
the get go.

The write has a great "attitude" feel to it w/o going over the top. Most
writers take it too far IMO. This works - works extremely well.

Vocals are in the pocket and the "band" is hittin' the note.

Like Tom said "cool sounding country rocker" and one that begs
to be turned up given the fine production.

WTG guys!

J&B
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Loved it right from the git go!

Its all been said so as an exception to the rule I will not repeat it but I do agree with the others.

You both should be very proud of this one.

{edit} I forgot to add this: PS - this is your best to date IMHO

Hey Mario,
Thanks for the very kind words.
© PG Music Forums