PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/19/15 04:29 PM

Well,

This may be my last post before 2016, and I thought I would go out with some Jazz. My songwriting colleague and band member buddy is Jon Healey, who is a columnist for the LA Times and who also blogs about music and art for them. Jon is blowing sax on this one, and the bed is basically just the old "Jazz Fred" style with some embellishments. I was trying to conjure up the days of Sinatra and we were just having some fun.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs/the-way-youll-feel-tonight

This is from an album we will release in early 2016 called Heaven Knows. The name of our group is The Swinging Verves.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Jazz Baby Yeah!! Oh behave!!!!

smile
Posted By: cklester Re: The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/19/15 05:52 PM
I love jazz, and I really enjoyed these lyrics!

As I was listening, I started to imagine a female either singing as a duet with your or just for some background vocals! That's my bias when it comes to jazz music, though. It's like, you could eat the Oreo by itself, but it usually is best with milk. haha!

Good job!
Hey Thanks!!! Great idea! I will have to remember that next time!

Happy Holidays!
Fun song David!! Nice parody on the Sinatra thing. I'm a huge fan of Old Blue Eyes. No one could do it like he could. This is really nicely put together. Good job on the arrangement/production. Enjoyed it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/20/15 10:05 AM
Very cool lyrics. Excellent vocal. Well done

this is a great jazz tune.

Well sung and with a great chords line.

Very enjoyable.

Sergio
Posted By: boehm Re: The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/20/15 12:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun song David!! Nice parody on the Sinatra thing. I'm a huge fan of Old Blue Eyes. No one could do it like he could. This is really nicely put together. Good job on the arrangement/production.

Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/20/15 02:10 PM
Hello David,

A very nice song.
We also wish you very merry christmas and all the best for 2016!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/21/15 02:32 PM
David, You have a real good feel for the genre. Nice work. Tom
Posted By: SRP Re: The Way You'll Feel Tonight_Jazz Baby! - 12/21/15 02:55 PM
Cool song David. It is very reminiscent of the Sinatra era and you guys did a good job of capturing that time. Great sax, vocals and lyrics.
Sonny
Nicely arranged and produced. We listen to our share of
Ella and Frank and Tony so we slid right into this style.

As Sonny alluded to you guys really did capture the vibe!

Thanks for the journey.

J&B
Thank you so much. I am enjoying all your new stuff as well!!! Happy Holidays!
Thanks Sonny! I have been digging your stuff too man!! smile
Thanks Tom!!
Thanks Greg! I have been enjoying your new stuff too! Happy Holidays!!
Thanks Scott! I have really been enjoying your channel. You are a great guitar player!!
Hmmmm.did I already reply? Well anyway, thanks Scott, again, maybe! As I said, I have been enjoying your channel. You sure can play guitar!

Thanks a lot. I have also been enjoying your guitar. I may have already replied, if so, it's just a double thanks! Don't know what it up witht his browser. Hmmmm.

Happy Holidays!!
© PG Music Forums