PG Music Home
Posted By: JeffB720 My First song with BIAB - 01/05/16 03:58 AM
This is the first song I have done using BIAB. Still learning how to use it and there were some drum mistakes but I really love the tracks. I played some of the guitar tracks and also used the lead generator to generate the lead on the outro.
I wrote this song in the 1990's about my relationship with my dad which was very cathartic. I'm glad I finally got a chance to record it.
https://soundcloud.com/jeff-bonilla/father-and-son-mix4

Thanks for listening.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/05/16 08:20 AM
That's a mighty fine first BIAB tune -- but you should have probably posted a few lousy ones first. Now you have set the bar too high for yourself (ha, ha). In any case, welcome to the world of BIAB. Not mandatory, but it is always nice to see the BIAB instruments used, your instrmentation and the lyrics. Good one!
Posted By: Al-David Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/05/16 08:44 AM
HI Jeff ...

Welcome to the PG Music Showcase Forum. Great song and super performance! You chose some great tracks for this ... they really show off what a great song this is. Loved the vocal harmony. You have really nice voice. We also listened to "Pardoname". Another great song. Your music has an airy aura about it ... nice! It was a pleasure to listen to this. Hope you enjoy your time here. Best to you ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: SRP Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/05/16 09:56 AM
I listened to your other song first because it was listed first but you did a great job on this one as well. I like what you did and your production is great! Very good write and
I enjoyed it! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to more.
Sonny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/05/16 10:16 AM
Hi, Jeff - Welcome to the Showcase!!

Great first post. Maybe your first with BIAB, but obvious not your first recording... Great drum sound. The guitars are really well done - interesting throughout - nice choices. The piano ending is nice... the delayed guitars are cool!

Nice vocals and harmonies. The vocal right at the beginning "sits on top of the mix" just a little - then sits in there really nice after the 1 minute mark - (not a big thing, but if you ever revisit the mix, you might knock that down a dB or so).

I would suggest that you not use the hand claps under that first verse - they don't fit the message of the song (nice write, btw) - and you've got SO much cool stuff going on in this you really don't need them (they draw some focus away from your message).

I really enjoyed this. Looking forward to hearing more....

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/05/16 12:51 PM
Hi Jeff,

welcome to the forum!
Great first post. Sounds like it's not your first recording
like others said.
I enjoyed it.

Guenter
Posted By: JeffB720 Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 03:05 AM
Thanks Floyd for the great feedback. You know you're right about those hand claps. At some point I was going to go back and redo the vocals and re mix so I'll keep in mind what you said. Thanks again for the feedback and for listening.

Best,
Jeff
Posted By: JeffB720 Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 03:12 AM
Hi Alan and Di,

Nice to meet you! Thanks for listening to my songs and for the nice compliments.
Seems like a very fun Forum and supportive BIAB family.

You guys have some really cool songs on your website. Are you using BIAB on those tunes as well?

Best,
Jeff
Posted By: JeffB720 Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 03:15 AM
Thank you!

This is a great forum. It's quite amazing what music is being made with the help of BIAB. I had no idea. Now I'm going to get all excited about doing music more often.

Best,
Jeff
Posted By: JeffB720 Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 03:18 AM
Thanks Kemmrich!

Glad you liked it.
Also thanks for letting me know about listing the instruments and lyrics. I'll do that from now on. I am inspired now to do some more music with BAIB.
Posted By: JeffB720 Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 03:19 AM
Thank you Sonny.

I'm glad I found the forum. I'm looking forward to hearing other works and creating some more myself.

Take Care!

Jeff
Posted By: Al-David Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 06:16 AM
Jeff ...

Thanks for the kind comments about the songs on our website ... muchas gracias!

Most of the songs on there were done with BIAB ... probably 75% of them. The others were done with Jammer Pro and some miscellaneous software. I (Alan) do the guitar work on most of them ... but not the more recent ones. I recently had major surgery and it rendered two fingers on my left hand without feeling ... totally numb (nerve damage in surgery). But, I am hoping to post a video later this month or in February of me playing guitar. Depends on how well I can play minus the dexterity of those two fingers.

If you're interested, here's a a video of me playing a couple of years ago:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b67cda9a2

I lived in Bakersfield, CA back in the 90's. I see you're from the LA area ... used to go down there quite a bit ... mostly Santa Fe Springs and Pasadena and Pomona.

We really enjoyed your music ... looking forward to more.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/06/16 11:39 PM
Another excellent song!! Like Floyd said (here I go again), I think the hand claps don't fit. (I actually thought this even before I read what Floyd said, but he is rarely wrong). Really, really nice work all the way around!! And, WELCOME!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/07/16 12:39 AM
Jeff,

Excellent first effort - obviously not your first recording.

I agree on the hand claps, they detract from the message.

Love the delay guitar and the piano.

Gotta Get Away is another keeper.

Anxious to hear your next efforts and welcome to these forums.

Don
Posted By: 90 dB Re: My First song with BIAB - 01/07/16 08:54 AM
I really like your stuff.

Jeff may be new to BIAB, but this isn't his first rodeo. grin

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3400087/

Regards,

Bob
© PG Music Forums