PG Music Home
I just uploaded my latest recording, Cottonwood Dreams:

http://52tracksblog.com/2016/02/18/track-7-cottonwood-dreams/

This is an all-acoustic arrangement that goes for a folky swing feel.
Real Tracks: 526 Acoustic Pop Swing Bass, 2440 Acoustic Guitar Fingerpicking Folky Swing, 1142 Ukelele Strumming Folk Swing.

I played harmonized mandolin parts and a fingerpicked acoustic guitar.

Thanks for listening and your comments. They have been helpful.

Fred
Fred
That's really pretty.
Great arrangement and melody, nice vocal and harmony, excellent instrumentation a top notch song.
Another good one, Peter !(the first version, the second at the bottom of page, is less achieved)
Pascal
That is a pretty song and a nice sounding production. The doubled mandolin was a nice touch. I hope your wife is impressed 'cause I am.
Very sweet track!! Just pleasant to listen to-rolls along so nicely. Really nice lyrical images that fit perfectly with the musical vibe. Very nice indeed!! Take care. Greg
Thanks all! My main computer died on Tuesday, so I shifted to the neglected one. Amazing how problems lead to solutions.
Hey Fred, this is really nice - great feel and vocal. I really like the lyrics as well.

Bob
Thanks all. I know my lyrics are a bit "out there."
You've delivered again Fred.
This is a fantastically well put together number.
Really enjoyable.
Thanks.
Hi, Fred !:))

It is no wonder your wife
loves this song as it is
very beautiful and so delicately
delivered ! WOW ! I liked
everything about this production !

Cheers
Dani

Nice song very intimate.

Sergio
Working on Track 8. Thanks for the comments.
This is a good folk tune. I listened to several tracks of Peter, Paul and Mary yesterday and this would have been a tune I would love to have heard them do. You are really tuned into the vibe on this one. Enjoyed my listen.
Thanks, Charlie. That was the sound I was going for on the song. I saw Peter Yarrow in concert last year. His son plays washtub bass and is the spitting image of Paul Stookey and just as tall.It was a bit weird....
Another good tune from you Fred. You really have a feel for the folk genre and you do a very good job of it. It's nice of you to give this to your wife as a birthday present and to have someone who inspires you to write and sing.
Sonny
Thanks, Sonny.
© PG Music Forums