PG Music Home
Posted By: semar D C / D C - 03/08/16 08:24 AM
Hello Folks,

what I have here is a psichedelic rock/pop improvisation, whith bass and drums provided by Biab. The chords entered were D and C, hence the Topic title :-)

Note that the very first accompaniment guitar comes also from Biab, however I've substituted it after the first 8 bars with my guitar.

I've played the guitar tracks using a Vox VT20X amplifier, which was recorded through a Sure SM 58 mic placed 30 cm in front of it.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. More info on the BiaB instruments and style later.

http://soundcloud.com/sergiomarcello/vox-d_c-improvvisazione

Regards,
Sergio.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 08:46 AM
Good Sergio.

Definitely has a 'British Invasion' sound to it.
Posted By: Scott C Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 09:25 AM
Very nice. Excellent playing. Had a Dire Straits vibe at the beginning. Excellent playing
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 09:30 AM
This reminded me of some of the old jam sessions I used to have. It would have been cool to add some other chords and turn this into more of a song. But it is what it is....

I was catching more of a country vibe from it and a famous Beatles lick take off there at the start.

I used to have one of those Vox VT30 amps... .. It was a handy little low power amp. I had bought it to keep at the church I was attending so I could play there with a decent sounding amp. The amp modeling gave it a bunch of tone and 3 channels that could be pre-programmed made it extremely versatile for that sort of gig. I brought it home a lot to use here.... and for a time my Boogie felt neglected.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 10:27 AM
Nice Jam. Opening did have a bit of Beatle ring over a Dire Strait Rhythm. That was fun. Enjoyed the song.
Posted By: semar Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Good Sergio.

Definitely has a 'British Invasion' sound to it.

Thanks VideoTrack, and yes it has indeed such a sound, well spotted !

Cheers,
Sergio
Posted By: semar Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 03:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Very nice. Excellent playing. Had a Dire Straits vibe at the beginning. Excellent playing

Hi Scottt, thanks for your kind words, really appreciated !

Take care,
Sergio
Posted By: semar Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 03:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
This reminded me of some of the old jam sessions I used to have. It would have been cool to add some other chords and turn this into more of a song. But it is what it is....

I was catching more of a country vibe from it and a famous Beatles lick take off there at the start.

I used to have one of those Vox VT30 amps... .. It was a handy little low power amp. I had bought it to keep at the church I was attending so I could play there with a decent sounding amp. The amp modeling gave it a bunch of tone and 3 channels that could be pre-programmed made it extremely versatile for that sort of gig. I brought it home a lot to use here.... and for a time my Boogie felt neglected.

Yes the Vox amps are quite fine to me ! The use of the Valvetronix technology gives a rather nice valve flavour to the sound.
I agree, some more chords would add much appeal and variation. Let's see..

Best regards,
Sergio
Posted By: semar Re: D C / D C - 03/08/16 03:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Nice Jam. Opening did have a bit of Beatle ring over a Dire Strait Rhythm. That was fun. Enjoyed the song.

Hi Charlie, you too nailed it !!

Yes I had a mix of Beatles and Dire Straits inspirations in my mind as I did the jam.

Glad you liked it,
Sergio.
Posted By: RnAM Re: D C / D C - 03/14/16 04:08 PM
Hi Sergio,
That's a very nice recycling of the Beatles'sound.
Well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie
© PG Music Forums