PG Music Home
Posted By: Paul Wickham My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 01:08 PM
Well folks, here is a song created by myself and my sadly deceased songwriting partner, he is taking the lead vocals here. Anyway the song had been half done and languishing on an old hard drive when I got the latest BiB and I decided to resurrect it and see what I could do. BiB is playing drums, slide guitar, strings via NI Session strings, one of the acoustic guitars and sax, the rest is myself or Pete.
We are...or were, not country artists, but decided to have a go at a country tune and this is the result.
Hope you enjoy Whiskey and the Wine.

https://soundcloud.com/los-cajones/whisky-and-the-wine-1

Edit...Sorry about the end...Not sure what happened there.
Edit two...Link now fixed.
Posted By: Scott C Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 01:14 PM
Welcome to the forum. Excellent traditional country tune. Excellent vocal and lyric
Posted By: Paul Wickham Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 01:22 PM
Thanks Scott.
Posted By: boehm Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 01:27 PM
Hi Paul,

welcome to the forum!
Nice first post.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 03:41 PM
Welcome, Paul.

Very enjoyable song. The vocals and harmonies are a real standout (sorry to hear about your friend).

I think you should drop the strings and replace them with the pedal steel - a natural for this song. Everything else works great...

floyd
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 04:03 PM
Paul
This is a really well delivered number. Excellent vocals and harmonies.

I agree with Floyd's suggestion to replace the strings.

Overall, a well presented song, for sure.
Posted By: Paul Wickham Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/20/16 04:20 PM
Yes folks I agree about the strings. The song is not quite finished yet so I will ditch those strings, they are from an old BiB file that we were working with back in the day, so I kinda left them for old times sake. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Petes vocal was heavily edited together using Melodyne, I only had a couple of scratch takes to work with as we were in the process of re-recording, so to hear they impressed is a real bonus, means the edits are just about invisible to those who don't know they are there. smile

Edit oh good lord just reviewed that version, I didn't listen after upload...Those strings sound awful they were never supposed to be that loud, I'll redo that tomorrow.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/21/16 08:39 AM
Great country tune. Very much in the Graham Parsons groove and the Pedal Steel has been added and it works very well on this song. Good performance.
Posted By: Paul Wickham Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/21/16 10:04 AM
Okay folks have replaced that file with a better mix, still not final but those strings are back under control and sounding more as we first had them. Unfortunately of course that means the kindly added loves are gone. Next job is to replace that Rain falling down track that I had forgotten I had even uploaded, No BiB involved in that of course.

Graham Parsons? Hmm will have to look him up. smile
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/22/16 12:51 AM
Hi Paul! There is something wrong with the link.. Perhaps u should post a new one to your edited version?
Posted By: Paul Wickham Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/22/16 06:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Hi Paul! There is something wrong with the link.. Perhaps u should post a new one to your edited version?

Oh silly me, of course. I have edited the original link so should good now. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: My first public airing of a song - 03/22/16 07:05 AM
Great ! Excellent voice for this style ! I stick to beer wink
© PG Music Forums