PG Music Home
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Feel You In The Wind - 05/14/16 11:13 PM
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13373770

This is a song I wrote and recorded using several Real Tracks from various styles and added my voice and guitar with some additional synth parts and added effects. I feel that mixing tracks from different styles can sometimes produce good results. This is a song about making the wrong choice and having to live with the regret. Thanks for listening. Torrey.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/15/16 09:52 AM
Hi Torrey!

I like this! The guitar parts you added help to establish a signature theme for the song. I also like the synth... it really adds a smoothness to the song that makes it easy to listen to.

I also liked the drum intro. There were a couple of times when the drums seemed a bit busy. Of all the song styles, I think this is one of my favorites... the 70s ballad. Good job!
Posted By: boehm Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/15/16 12:40 PM
Hi Torrey,

great arrangement, delivery and mix.
Especially like your guitar and harmonies.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/16/16 09:47 AM
Torrey

A great feel and sound. Enjoyed the vocals, and the lyrics and melody work so really well together.

You've put together a great number here.

I noted a similar singing style to forum member Greg Johnson, who always delivers excellent material.

Thanks for sharing. Nice job all 'round.

I'm going back for another listen.

Trev

Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/17/16 07:13 PM
Yes, disparate RT's can make for some great productions.

We enjoyed this...nice vocal, mix and write.

J&B
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/17/16 07:25 PM
I love this! I will have to try mixing styles. This is exactly the feel and mood for which I was searching on a song of mine. Your mix, vocal and lyric are just great. Good job and thanks for sharing.
-Carolyne
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/17/16 09:55 PM
Great production, and I love the guitar playing!!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/17/16 11:05 PM
Carolyn, thanks for the kind words about my song. I must check out your music also.T
Posted By: rayc Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/18/16 03:40 AM
Torrey,
Good choice of Realtracks in the mix
It's def. a nice ballad - the little guitar theme is good but does feel incomplete yet quite familiar though it fleshes out nicely in the solo.
Mixwise I think the bass is a little too woolly. It could use a cut in the low mids or something like the Stanford bass tightener - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/sanford-bass-tightener-by-sanford-sound-design
Cool song and recording
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/18/16 03:37 PM
Great stuff Torrey!! Reminds me of the late 70's or thereabouts, one of my favorite musical periods. Great job with everything-arrangement, mix, and vocals. This is the kind of song I'd like to start a road trip with-breezy, inspiring, and just darn pleasant to listen to. As I said, Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/18/16 04:24 PM

Hello
great guitar playing and voicing.

Sergio
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Feel You In The Wind - 05/19/16 10:28 PM
Greg, thank you so much for your kind words about my tune. I appreciate it!
© PG Music Forums