PG Music Home
Posted By: PaddyG Gone Away - 05/24/16 05:03 AM

https://soundcloud.com/user-108834131/gone-away

Hi Friends,

Wrote this way back in my BiaB journey,, The universal messageI suppose, be good to friends when you go up the ladder, you might need them to guide you when you come down.

Style FPBRTEV Ev Fingerpicking guitars with Band
Bass 684 Guitar 406 Drums Rd Nashville even 8^3 side stick H Hat Guitar 1677 acoustic F/Pick Brent Guitar 522 Acoustic F/Pick Banjo 1295 modern country Fiddle 1114 Fiddle background
Sung in Gb 132 Bps

Paddy G
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Gone Away - 05/24/16 09:02 AM
I like this Paddy, but I hope it isn't an autobiographical song! It's kind of a bummer!

The guitars mixed with the fiddle make a nice combination, especially for your voice... and I like your chord progression. The backup vocals interspersed here and there were a nice touch too!

It was a fun listen, and it left me feeling a little introspective... wondering if my life's decisions had the effect of making it harder for old friends to remain friends. Interesting song.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Gone Away - 05/24/16 09:57 AM
Like Pat it certainly will make one a bit introspective. Thought provoking indeed.

Your vocal, the rhythm groove and the write all work together well. Nice mix too.

We enjoyed the spin!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Gone Away - 05/24/16 05:11 PM
As others have said, very heavy. But very well done! The steady beat and instrumentation is perfect for the song. The chord changes and melody work well with the lyrics, and your vocal is full of conviction. Great job Paddy!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RnAM Re: Gone Away - 05/24/16 11:12 PM
Definitely a cool write!
Is there anything else but introspective songs? :-) (it's virtually the only thing I write myself).
In my opinion, lyrics can never be too heavy....
Another job very well done Paddy!

Rob
Posted By: torr71 Re: Gone Away - 05/24/16 11:48 PM
Very cool tune sir Paddy...great mix and great vocals, very good production with the effects and the arrangement...not to mention the Message ...

Cheers
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Gone Away - 05/25/16 06:49 PM
Nice, Paddy.

Well put together and well mixed. A good rhythm to the production (and the song). You ought to post the lyrics to these...

Enjoyed it.

floyd
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Gone Away - 05/27/16 04:47 AM

Hi Pat,

Autobiographical, Nope, I am too gregarious and “loving’ to be ever trapped in that zone He, He, I wrote that song around some resent ‘high flyers’ around here, that shot straight up, then straight down mainly using other people’s money that they lost.
Thanks for the comments on the song arrangements, I always value your depth of analysis’ it is not lost on me.

Paddy G
Posted By: boehm Re: Gone Away - 05/27/16 12:39 PM
Hi Paddy,

nice chord progression and arrangement.
Good vocals.
Like Floyd I'd like the lyrics printed.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Gone Away - 05/27/16 07:57 PM
Great production on this one Paddy. Love the lyrics and the song too.
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Gone Away - 05/29/16 05:33 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments, I see now that maybe I could, should, ? add a small break (riff) at 1:37 I will see if it’s possible with a re mix.

PaddyG
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Gone Away - 05/29/16 12:30 PM
Cool song, love the chord progressions and melodies.

Kenny
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Gone Away - 05/29/16 08:49 PM
Love the choice of style for this.
Great lyrics and performance.
Rob
Posted By: gibson Re: Gone Away - 05/30/16 01:19 PM
Paddy,
enjoyed that even if a bit dark!
Everything fitted perfectly
nice background vocal effects
Quite topical in my life at the moment LOL

good listen

Alyn
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Gone Away - 05/31/16 05:22 AM

Thanks for the comment Alyn

The good thing is you will always have loyal friends on the forum
Music gives light, light gives vision, vision gives direction

PaddyG
Posted By: rsdean Re: Gone Away - 05/31/16 07:18 AM
Paddy G,

Very cool song - love the RT selection and the overall feel of the arrangement. Great job.

Bob
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Gone Away - 05/31/16 04:58 PM
Hi Paddy

Very great song. I like it a lot.

Sergio
Posted By: gruverider Re: Gone Away - 05/31/16 10:56 PM
Engaging song style and I like the harmonies too.

much enjoyed!
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Gone Away - 06/03/16 10:28 AM

Thank you members that commented, they were very encouraging, and made every little forward step I take now with BAIB so rewarding.

Paddy G
© PG Music Forums