PG Music Home
I'm re-posting my songs so I can update the links to my Soudcloud page. Since they've all been deleted from the site I originally used.

I will do this gradually so as not to overwhelm or be disrespectful of other posters. smile

Here's a song I wrote in October 2012.

I'm using 4 different drum RT's, I believe 2 are going at any given time. I also have a couple of acoustic guitar, Bass and a piano (occasionaly) RT's, as well as 4 of my own guitar tracks. The RT's are more of a bed for my guitar tracks, though I think they shine in the quieter parts.

I've gotten some pretty good feedback on this song from friends, bandmates, students & family.
Comments are certainly welcome.

Greg

https://soundcloud.com/user-813802595/run

Well take me with you if you think you’re gonna run away
Cause without you there’s just no reason for me to stay
If you’re really leavin everything just to start anew
Look right beside you girl all I ever wanted was you
(You know I’d follow you to Timbuktu)

Well it seems like you’ve been here before
It’s so familiar how you run for the door
There’s greener grass you’re sure it’s just up ahead
Well that’s just fine if you would stop, stop and listen
To what I’ve said

(Chorus)
(Ride)

Do you think the day will come when we’ll settle down
And live a life of bliss in some little town
I see it scares you there’s that look in your eyes
It’s all you’ve ever known but here’s your chance to change
So don’t let it pass you by

(Chorus)
(Outro)
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/07/16 03:51 PM
hi greg great work on this everything perfect mix vocal arrangement great guitar chops thanks for sharing eric
I really enjoyed hearing this again, Greg.

Well put together. Nice guitar parts. The solos are very musical.

It oozes Southern Rock influences across the board...Poco..Marshall Tucker..The Allman Bros.... all jumbled together into a nice smooth outcome.

floyd
Posted By: RnAM Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/07/16 05:00 PM
Wow Greg, indeed great stuff!
Has sort of a 80s feel to it all.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: ROG Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/07/16 07:59 PM
Hi Greg.

Some super stuff going on here.

A really big sound with fabulous stereo and a great mix.

Lots of nice textures in there which keep the interest going right through to the end.

Loved the vocals and solos.

ROG.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/07/16 09:40 PM
Greg,
Most enjoyable - your vocals are strong and the layered guitars a big sound. Looking forward to more.
Robert
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/08/16 04:32 AM
I still remember liking this the first time around! Your style resonates with me. Great guitar playing! You can sing too!
Never heard it the first time so a new song for me. Love the guitar hook! Nice, melodic solo too.

Good song in the southern rock tradition, I enjoyed the listen!
Great southern rock sound. I wasn't around yet in 2012 and I'm really looking forward to listening more as you rebuild your song list.

"So take me with you as you list your songs this way. Yea, take me with you."
Eric: Thanks for the listen

Floyd: Thank you! Southern rock was most definitely a big influence on me. Though when I wrote this I wasn't intentionally trying to write a southern rock tune... Just happened. grin

Rob and Anne-Marie: The 80's were my decade.... What I can remember anyway! wink

Rog: Thanks for the nice comments.

Robert: Thank you. Stay tuned.

Pat: I appreciate your kind words.

Dave: Thanks for the listen.

Charlie: Thank you so much.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/08/16 11:51 PM
Hey Greg! Welcome back!

Love Southern Rock and you do it proud.
Great sound with super guitar and vocal.
Felt like I was right there enjoying the show.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/09/16 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hey Greg! Welcome back!

Love Southern Rock and you do it proud.
Great sound with super guitar and vocal.
Felt like I was right there enjoying the show.

What she said. I must have missed this the first time around or else my memory is getting worse. Great job! Tom
Great rock and roll. Love the guitar.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/09/16 04:51 PM
Awesome tune excellent vocal. Excellent guitar works. Loved your tone
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/12/16 09:58 AM
Greg,

I really like this one. Like floyd said, very Southern Rockish ( I hear a little 38 Special in there too). Great guitar work.

Funny thing - I just finished a song also titled "Run" (not anywhere as good as yours)- great minds I guess. grin

Looking forward to the other songs on the way.

Regards,

Bob
Hey Josie thank you so much.

Thanks Tom. My memory is also getting... What was I gonna say? wink

David, thanks for the listen.

Thanks Scott. Trigger thanks you too!

Thanks for the kind words Bob. Looking forward to hearing your song of the same title. The band I was in in the 80's was pretty much a .38 Special cover band. grin
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Greg.

Some super stuff going on here.

A really big sound with fabulous stereo and a great mix.

Lots of nice textures in there which keep the interest going right through to the end.

Loved the vocals and solos.

ROG.

Rog said it all...We remember this song and now with soundcloud we can add it to our playlist. Thanks for the repost!!

J&B
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
I really enjoyed hearing this again, Greg.

Well put together. Nice guitar parts. The solos are very musical.

It oozes Southern Rock influences across the board...Poco..Marshall Tucker..The Allman Bros.... all jumbled together into a nice smooth outcome.

floyd

Exactly what went through my mind!! To that, I would add a Doobie Bros vibe as well. Very well done! Great guitar playing! Take care. Greg
J&B, Thanks for adding me to your playlist. I'll do the same with you.

Greg, Thanks for the nice words. Doobie Bro's were a big influence on me as well.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/15/16 06:53 PM
Hi Greg,

Good to see you again. It's been a while!

I enjoyed the opportunity to listen again. Thanks for posting.

Regards,
Noel
Hey Noel,

Thanks so much for the listen. I appreciate it.

Greg
Posted By: rsdean Re: Original song "Run" (Re-post from 2012) - 08/17/16 08:36 PM
Greg,

I really like this - has a "live" sound and feel. Great arrangement and vocal.

Bob
Greg,

I don't recall hearing this one before, so I am sure glad you re-shared it! I love it. I think this is one of your best (that I have heard). This style fits you well.

Really enjoyed it!

Steve
Bob, thank you. I like it when I can achieve that "live feel" in my recording!

Hey Steve, well thank you very much... I do appreciate the nice words.

Greg
© PG Music Forums