PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike. R. Autumn Dawn - 09/29/16 04:25 AM
Autumn Dawn

Another "Short", this time in the style of Bach.

Describing a crisp Autumn morning where the sun rises and spreads golden rays over the Autumn forest.

Bach_1.STY
EWQL Pianos Gold - Bosendorfer
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold - Contrabass

Produced in BIAB 2016
Mastered (normalized)in Audacity

All midi!

Cheers.
Mike.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/29/16 06:20 AM
Just right for the nice sunny morning here in Warwickshire! Nicely done.

John
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/29/16 03:04 PM
This song makes me want to go for a brisk walk along a forest path... taking in all the autumn colors!

It's our "Hot Forum Topic" for today - thank you for sharing it!

~Callie
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/29/16 08:53 PM
Mike,

Lovely...its gone so quickly but several listens later I`m still enjoying.

Robert
Posted By: Scott C Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/29/16 10:05 PM
Another pretty tune. Love to listen to this type of music
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/30/16 02:25 AM
Mike

It's great to hear different genres and this is certainly no exception.

Well presented.
Posted By: Mike. R. Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/30/16 05:29 AM
Thanks John, Callie, Scott and Trev. I'm getting more and more into the midi capabilities of BIAB.

The approach I'm experimenting with at the moment, is to start with the melody as a midi file (composed outside BIAB) and then import to BIAB to get the chord detection and tweak until happy.

The fact that I can try out different styles (and modify or create my own), then get instant regeneration is amazing. Midi is very much undersold IMHO. It's seen as old technology and plastic souding but get some decent VSTis behind it and it's back in business!!!

Cheers.
Mike.
Posted By: receder Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/30/16 06:00 AM
Something a bit different and I'm sure that Bach would be proud smile

I'm listening to this looking out of my window on a cool, bright and windy Autumn morning here in North Yorkshire and it's a perfect accompaniment. Good job.

I'm a big fan of MIDI myself and still use it a lot in my DAW (Sonar) due to the amazing quality of plugins available.

Rec
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/30/16 06:39 AM
Hi Mike,

Very enjoyable music! I've never played around with BACH_1.STY. Thank you for introducing it to me.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: gibson Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/30/16 07:22 AM
Mike bach does Bach! I am welsh so I can call you that as it is a term of friendship wink

I enjoyed that a lot, very good if not a bit short!! but then bach in welsh also means little so it should be Mike bach does Bach bach crazy

Nothing wrong with MIDI,
I like the bosendorfer

nice

Alyn
ps I hope you wrote that overlooking a lake, I had a fleeting image of Coniston waters as it played
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Autumn Dawn - 09/30/16 05:16 PM
Short and sweet! Very short and very sweet!! I am mixed on classical music but I absolutely love Bach, and this captures his feel very well. Very nice!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Autumn Dawn - 10/01/16 06:38 PM
Nicely done. Very Bach indeed!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Autumn Dawn - 10/01/16 08:53 PM
I really liked this. Great job on the piano.

Originally Posted By: Mike. R.
Midi is very much undersold IMHO. It's seen as old technology and plastic souding but get some decent VSTis behind it and it's back in business!!!

Cheers.
Mike.

I couldn't agree more! MIDI is very misunderstood by some here.

The only fault that I could find with this piece is that it was way to short. I hope that you will lengthen it at sometime.
Posted By: Riccled Re: Autumn Dawn - 10/13/16 04:10 PM
Hi Mike.
What a charming piece,well played and very light,i was surprised it was so short,i was expecting a contrasting section in the minor key which would have been interesting,but anyway its a very nice track,and well recorded too.
R.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Autumn Dawn - 10/13/16 04:20 PM
Hi Mike, sounding good so far! - can't wait to hear this once its' finished! smile
© PG Music Forums