PG Music Home
Posted By: PaddyG Night Rose - 10/05/16 02:14 PM

https://soundcloud.com/user-108834131/night-rose

I first created this song to be a medium pop rock using the Eagles style at 128bps
Rt 908 Bass electric 1278 synth pad Drums Nashville even 405Guitar Acoustic strum and 887 Piano Solo Acc.
The Piano 887 gave a double roll at points that I found gave good emphasis to the sound I wanted

I sang the voice over to my lyrics and put it in draw 13. A friend’s son studying sound engineering asked me if he could use it for a project at his little home studio. I gave him all the stems and this is what he came up with, a flat out disco, he did not change my vocal just gave that megaphone effect and the high low harmony and naturally the beat. I was stoked,, I thought I would get a Samba or some Caribbean sound. This so proved again to me how a song needs never to sit in one genre, it is clay in the correct hands.
Posted By: Will B - PG Music Re: Night Rose - 10/05/16 02:28 PM
This is really nice! I love that 16th note synth in the chorus. Would be really interested in hearing your original version too smile Tell your friend's son he did a great job (although you know what they say... Gold goes in, gold comes out!).
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Night Rose - 10/05/16 02:48 PM
Paddy,

Very different and fun treatment!
I can see how your jaw might drop on first hearing how the young apprentice played with your song. I`m a little jealous - we`d all love to hear what someone with fresh ideas and engineering chops would do with our creations.
Its a really good lyric with a nice pop melody - I liked that part of the arrangement on the chorus.In other places the style shifts are quite abrupt... but maybe my ears aren`t tuned to the musical adventures of youth!

Robert
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Night Rose - 10/06/16 05:02 PM
Very nice Paddy!! When the music began, I thought it was different from your normal style, then I read the introduction. I like what he did with it. Megaphone effect fit well. Very enjoyable!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dani48 Re: Night Rose - 10/06/16 06:22 PM
Hi, Paddy !

It is no mystery
or enigma to say that
this is a very nice
song by you and a
nice performance too !!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: PeterF Re: Night Rose - 10/07/16 07:35 AM
Paddy,
Good song interesting juxtaposition of styles.

Peter
Posted By: RnAM Re: Night Rose - 10/07/16 09:36 PM
First, I love the megaphone effect! The part after that is also very original.
Sure, this is different from your usual work, but definitely worthwhile!

Rob
Posted By: gibson Re: Night Rose - 10/08/16 03:30 AM
Paddy,

This now sounds like an good 1980's pop song.
As Will said I too would love to hear your original version.

enjoyed

I assume draw 13 is the "must do some more work on this" folder smile

Alyn
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Night Rose - 10/08/16 09:58 AM
Paddy,

Cool! Nice song/write (no lyric post?).

The production is terrific - a good listen - really keeps your ear engaged... the various sections are quite entertaining.

Really enjoyed this.

floyd
Posted By: Scott C Re: Night Rose - 10/08/16 03:44 PM
cool song Paddy. Your young engineer did a great job. Megaphine was a nice touch
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Night Rose - 10/09/16 02:11 PM

Thanks to all for the nice comments

Robert I believe in often leaving a song on the back shelf for a while then revisit it in short gaps not leaving it too long one loses focus. I also make two or three dummy styles of it in other genres, then sing the lyrics in that style. in this way I have often changed the song entirely, that’s the real fun of BiaB

Paddy G
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Night Rose - 10/09/16 03:34 PM
Excellent production! Wow!! Cool man! Great job. Love it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Night Rose - 10/09/16 06:05 PM
Very Nice. Like Alyn said it sounds like a well done 80's pop tune. This was a very interesting project with most impressive results. Your vocal is excellent.

We would love to hear the original some time!

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: Mat - PG Music Re: Night Rose - 10/09/16 06:48 PM
Very groovy song! Very fun! I love the background organ that plays. It gets really cool when you change you do the band-pass effect.
Posted By: Matcham Re: Night Rose - 10/11/16 02:32 AM
Very cool production. I like the change ups too. I particularly like how the voice sits in the mix. Well done to all of you!
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Night Rose - 10/11/16 01:56 PM
Great song! I really enjoy the piano part, and your lyrics/vocals (of course!)

This is the "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

~Callie
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Night Rose - 10/12/16 04:17 AM

Thanks Callie that was a very encouraging comment.

That piano was Rt 887 piano Acoustic, I knew what a fit it was for the style the moment I downloaded it
The slurred double rolling effect, my lyrics just seemed to connect at every emphasis point. It is potent
I hope to use it more, using its strong points as above to virtually create the song.

Paddy G
Posted By: receder Re: Night Rose - 10/12/16 05:21 AM
Hi Paddy,

Lovely song, excellent blend of RTs and a great mix by your son's friend.

Good job!
Rec
Posted By: tommyad Re: Night Rose - 10/12/16 10:20 AM
Paddy, I missed seeing the lyrics. The production is outstanding. Some nice unexpected touches. A good vocal performance. This one is up there with your best. Tom
© PG Music Forums