PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Little Lady Blues - 10/22/16 02:37 PM
Here is a song I have been playing for quite awhile on did not realize I hadn't posted on Soundcloud.

It was done for one of our dogs that has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. She is deeply missed.

Little Lady Blues

Style _CBALAD - Slow Cty
366 Real Bass
Real Drums Nashville Even ^16
Rest of the tracks recorded.
Rhythm Track
Piano Track
Two Lead Tracks - Telecaster
Posted By: Pauline - PG Music Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/22/16 02:42 PM
Hi Scott,

What a beautiful tune. I can feel how much you miss and loved your Little Lady. Thank you for sharing.

Pauline
PG Music Team
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/22/16 04:50 PM

Gorgeous playing Scott. Really heart felt. Eric would be proud. You know your way around a Strat.

smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/22/16 07:27 PM
Scott,

There`s a lot of feeling in your playing. A wonderful, melancholy tribute to the Little Lady.
I really enjoyed the wah wah sections which I haven`t heard you use before.

Robert
Posted By: receder Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/23/16 05:33 AM
Scott,

A beautiful and mournful tune lamenting the loss of your little lady.

I love all of the guitar tones. The Wah really evokes a feeling of sadness and even the non-Wah is soft and sombre.

Good job.
Rec
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/23/16 06:53 AM
Nice playing on this, very smooth and melodic. Tele sounds sweet! I like the wha-wha track too.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/23/16 01:39 PM
We've had two over the years that crossed that bridge. What a great tribute!
David said it well...you know your way around a Strat.

The wah wah was perfect for the song.

It was nice to know the song's inspiration and we much enjoyed the
fine playing and production.

J&B
Posted By: RnAM Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/23/16 04:53 PM
Great guitar work Scott!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/23/16 09:48 PM
So much feeling and beautiful tone.
A touching tribute to Little Lady Scott.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/24/16 06:20 PM
Scott
Very pretty and lovely playing. I also liked the Wah sections.
Peter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/24/16 07:04 PM
Nice, Scott. Feels like a "song of remembrance".

Well played. Bit of a Clapton feel there.

My new favorite from you. Really nice...

floyd
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/25/16 03:12 AM
Hello, Scott

What a melancholic tune.
As Janice and Bud said, the wah wah was perfect for the song.
I don't Know why, but the wah wah was heard to my ears like the dogs were crying.
Much enjoyed your fine playing.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: gibson Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/25/16 10:11 AM
Scott,

your little lady probably chased my studio-cat across that bridge. frown
They leave a hole and this was perfectly filled with this sombre song. Nice Wahwah, it does sound like crying.

beautiful

Alyn
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/25/16 01:27 PM
Hi Scott709, Very soothing piece! I really enjoy the guitar tone and playing throughout. Excellent work! smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/25/16 02:30 PM
Thank you all for the lovely comments on the song. I am glad you enjoyed the song. The two girls would come downstairs to the studio and sometimes join in while I was recording. :-). The mic would pick them up letting me know it was time for a walk. :-)
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/25/16 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Gorgeous playing Scott. Really heart felt. Eric would be proud. You know your way around a Strat.

smile

You do play so sweetly!! This is really a pleasure to listen to! Take care. Greg
Posted By: edshaw Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/26/16 12:04 AM
The more I hear this, Scott, the better I like it.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/26/16 12:07 PM
Scott,

Thank you for sharing this song with us - I really enjoyed listening to it. It's such a sad time when a pets life is lost.

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today.

~Callie
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/27/16 09:02 AM
Greg, Ed and Callie thank you for checking out the song and commenting. I appreciate it..
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/27/16 10:21 AM
Thoroughly enjoyable playing. Great composition.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/28/16 12:16 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Thoroughly enjoyable playing. Great composition.

Thanks so much for checking out the song and commenting it is appreciated
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/28/16 02:26 PM

Scott, there was a tear in every note you played so beautifully there. I kept looking at the picture of the white dog and thinking that if that was her, she was a very blessed dog with that much of a kind soul taking care of her.

Paddy G
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/29/16 06:33 PM

Beautiful playing and very sad melody. One of your best song.
I'm sorry for your little dog.

Sergio
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/29/16 06:37 PM
wonderful playing and superb use of the biab backing tracks, way in the background to make the playing stand out.

Marty
Posted By: MarioD Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/29/16 10:04 PM
That is the sweetest sounding Tele that I have ever heard! Plus you are an outstanding guitarist. I could feel your pain in this one. Having a few dogs cross that bridge myself I know exactly how sad you feel.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/30/16 12:32 AM
Thanks for your post Scott, but darn it, your gonna make me go out and buy a Tele. Very pretty tune with great guitar, your making me want to experiment with the Wah again. Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/30/16 09:49 AM
Paddy yes it was the white dog that passed away awhile ago. She was definitely the little lady of the two. Thanks for checking out the song.

Sergio thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Marty Welcome to the forum. Thanks for checking out the song and your comments are appreciated.

Mario Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you liked. I admire your style and experimentation. It pushes me to search for new sounds.

Torrey The sound of the telecaster can be very addictive. It has its own character. It can definitely reach in and grab you. Thanks some much for your comments.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/30/16 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We've had two over the years that crossed that bridge. What a great tribute!
David said it well...you know your way around a Strat.

The wah wah was perfect for the song.

It was nice to know the song's inspiration and we much enjoyed the
fine playing and production.

J&B
This is exactly what I was going to say. I also lost two dogs recently. Super playing. Beautiful. Tom
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/31/16 11:38 AM
Thanks Tom for checking out the song and commenting. I appreciated it..
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Little Lady Blues - 10/31/16 06:49 PM
Hi Scott,

This is really beautiful. You have such a lyrical approach to guitar playing that makes it so very easy to sit back, eyes closed, and be swept along on the current of the music. Definitely a wonderful way to remember and to reflect on life.

I really enjoyed it.

Regards,
Noel

Quote:
P.S. Just in case it's useful information...

I noticed that the Soundcloud file seemed to have a number of audio artifacts present. This usually arises because Soundcloud compresses whatever file is uploaded to it. For example, if an mp3 is uploaded, it will get doubly compressed (once by the creator who makes the mp3 from the original wav file and a second time by Soundcloud). I've found that this double compression can lead to a significant loss in audio quality. Have you ever uploaded the original, uncompressed wav to Soundcloud? It's worth trying (Soundcloud accepts wav format). It takes longer but I've found that the improvement in quality is worth the extra wait. These days, I always upload the original wav (usually 30 to 40 MB).
Posted By: Scott C Re: Little Lady Blues - 11/01/16 12:10 PM
Thanks Noel for checking out the song and commenting. It is appreciated. Also thanks for the tip on the audio artifacts. I did not know that about compression. I will definitely put up the full wav file in the future.
© PG Music Forums